Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Where is my 2.2 Froyo!

So it's January 2011 now and I was expecting to see 2.2 on my Fascinate by now. Sorry to start my first post on a seemingly bad note. I just cant bare it anymore.

current phone specs:

Hardware i500.04
    Firmware 2.1 update 1
    Baseband S:i500.04 V.DL09

Also I did an update today and it looks like I went from V.DI01 to V.DL09, if anyone could inform me on what this did that would be great.

I LOVE THIS PHONE, just the lack of updates is what annoys me.

You dont need to reply with a definite response to this if their is already a thread on this. But I would like the URL to it.

2. Ads

CR6
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    328 times
    Welcome to the forum King! If you do a search you'll find quite a few posts/discussions regarding 2.2 for you to reference. There's no set date as of yet for this release so you'll have to do what we've all learned to do, and that's be patient. (As difficult as that may be)
    Re: the DL09.update, there were quite a few things they've improved, including the bottom 4 buttons staying lit and GPS fix. You'll find a complete list on Verizon's website as well as other android forums.
    Enjoy your phone and take a look around the site, lots of great info here.

Remember, the search feature is your friend!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Yea this site has a lot of great info. I love this site! But it is confirmed that Froyo will be out for the Fascinate correct? I am seeing mixed yes's and no's on this. Either way this phone cruises at light speed, i cant imagine what 2x or 3x speed increase would offer.

CR6
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    328 times
    It'll be out, just a matter of time. We're all anxious to see it as well!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    How did you get your phone to update to baseband DL09? I am still at DI01, but if I check for updates it says there are none available.

Member #
    Liked
    542 times
    Quote Originally Posted by loriclapp View Post
    How did you get your phone to update to baseband DL09? I am still at DI01, but if I check for updates it says there are none available.
    Welcome to the site! The update is being rolled out in stages across the country, so it's possible that it may not have gotten to your area yet. Couple of questions, though. Did you root your phone and/or did you delete any apps off your phone?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I did not root my phone, and I have deleted apps, but only the ones I added myself.

Member #
    Liked
    542 times
    There's no reason you shouldn't get the update. You might want to check w/ Verizon if you don't see it soon.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Well, I just tried *228 and checked again for an update. Now I have an update available - I think it's downloading. It says it will take 10 min. to download and 10 min. to install. After that happens, I will let you know if I have the right version or not.

CR6
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    328 times
    Welcome to the forum loriclapp! Glad to hear your update is finally pushing through! You should notice the total time closer to 5-6 minutes but of course this all depends on the quality of your connection. Best of luck, enjoy your phone and the site. Lots of great information and friendly folks willing to help here!
    cheers!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads