Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EC01 vs ED01

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

EC01 vs ED01

Which is better? I'm currently on EB01 and have been waiting to see which I wanted to flash/update to. Anyone notice a difference in performance with OTA Froyo or is it just our leaked Froyo with ED01?

2. Ads

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    I haven't noticed any significant difference in ED01. I did, however, notice a significant difference in signal when I went from EB01 to EC01.

I've also heard some say their signal got worse or didn't change. Guess you'll just have to test it out.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I cannot confirm this but I read that ec01 is an unofficial leak of ed01 which has been renamed to ec01 as a disguise. Ed01 is the official release and may have had a few minor tweaks before being released, which is why few if anybody notices differences.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I went to ef ed01 and my signal and battery life were horrible...I'm goin back to 2,9,2

Member #
    Liked
    542 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Shill View Post
    I cannot confirm this but I read that ec01 is an unofficial leak of ed01 which has been renamed to ec01 as a disguise. Ed01 is the official release and may have had a few minor tweaks before being released, which is why few if anybody notices differences.
    That's pretty much it.

Tapatalk'd

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Maybe the tweaks were bad signal and battery life:wink:

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I haven't went to ED01 yet. I do have a question about it though. so in order to go to ED01 you have to go back to stock via odin, then let it auto update to the official 2.2 froyo then it'll install ED01? this correct? so what if you do all that and then want to go back to EC01 or Eb01? do you need to reflash everything thru odin again or can you just flash thru all 3 as though we were doing going from Eb01 to EC01? Because IMO it would be worth going to stock and ED01 if you could just reflash between the 3 radios then. but if you have to re odin every time you want to get out of ED01 it better be significantly better....????

Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    I've stayed on EC01 and after a week or so with JT's 4/15 kernel I went back to Adry's EC10 Kernel in an effort to get better battery life. It's not that I didn't like JT's kernels but some people claim it's voodoo sound that eats battery. I was getting pretty good battery life after switching and today I realized I did not have a sleep policy for Wifi so now I expect even better battery life.

My only reason for using Voodoo sound was to get the HW equalizer to use with Pandora but I can live without it.

Battery life is pretty good now and like I said will only get better now that I have a wifi sleep policy.

So I am very happy with EC01 the way it is. I get the very occasional messaging FC but that seems to have been a constant going back to EB01. It's so infrequent it's a non issue for me.

It takes too much work to get my phone back each time I flash a ROM and I was getting tired of doing it. I always go back to a stock ROM of some sort and install all my apps fresh from the market. Then I have to put my custom Ani's back. Then enable the pro versions of LPP plus, Fancy Widgets, etc.

While I don't follow the IRC channel or anything like that, so far it doesn't seem like ED01 has got much tweaking yet. I keep checking to see what's new in the development forums. Remember when the source dropped the dev's were saying there was not much to work with and that is was a crappy code base.

But if someone told me this leaked EC01 (with sbrissen's lock mods) was the last ROM i'd run I'd be perfectly satisfied. The only reason I'd do the OTA update was if I wanted to go back to full touchwiz which I don't see myself doing.

So I'm pretty stable now. It's a weird feeling to just use it as a smartphone again.
    Samsung Fascinate ED05: WiFi only Media player

Samsung Charge EP4P - Infinity ROM/EP4D Radio
    Galaxy Tab 7 Plus - Wifi only - No Verizon bloatware

Confusing people one post at a time

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I just went to the ed01 radio and debloated stock rom via odin tonight. My 3g signal is not that good. Will flashing evil fascination or community rom improve signal?

Sent from my fascinate
    Rockin Voodoo

Member #
    Liked
    542 times
    I had the same experience with this radio. EF didn't help it. The community ROM seems to have made it a little better.

Tapatalk'd

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads