Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Menu, Home, Back and search - bottom of the phone.

Anyone know if it is possible to keep the led light on longer for these? Is there anywhere that you know of to customize the settings for that?

Thanks.
    1st Droid was in November 2009 HTC Eris, other than it having a horrible battery, constantly bogging down, not allowing me to call or receive calls at random times, I loved it!

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I know exactly what you mean. They're pretty much dark all the time except when you touch them. There's nothing in the settings to change this, but I'm sure something to alleviate this will be in custom ROMs soon to be available. If rooting and flashing new ROMs isn't your thing though, you might be out of luck unless they address this in a future update.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks. I might look into rooting if thie is indeed something that can be added....who knows.
    1st Droid was in November 2009 HTC Eris, other than it having a horrible battery, constantly bogging down, not allowing me to call or receive calls at random times, I loved it!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I feel that there should be a line that I can put in somewhere in the build.prop for this, the moto droids have a buttonlight.timeout line in there but it didnt work for us.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by destroyerbmx View Post
    I feel that there should be a line that I can put in somewhere in the build.prop for this, the moto droids have a buttonlight.timeout line in there but it didnt work for us.
    The moto Droid also lit up the soft buttons if ambient light was low. I really don't know why Samsung wouldn't impliment a similar feature on the Fascinate. Baffling.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    It is difficult when you are in a dark place...

Please let me know if you find a solution. THANKS!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Still no solution? Most likely when we get full custom roms it will be fixed or something, at least a timeout option.

CR6
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    328 times
    I don't recall where I read it, but I'm pretty sure they're working on it for a future ota update for this issue. I really wish there was a way to adjust these too. Even though it's a pain, after having my Fascinate for just over a month now, I've pretty much learned exactly where to touch to hit the correct button. I use the back and home buttons the most but find that I will still occassionally hit the search button instead of back, which results in my having to press the back button twice instead of the intended once.
    Like Dustin & Destroyer noted though, I'm sure the developers are working on this. (or we can only hope!)

Destroyerbmx....don't mean pry or anything, but I was just wondering, are you a developer? Do you program as a hobby/enthusiast or are you in the biz?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    hobby/enthusiast, but my knowledge is very limited right now, I am trying to gather some books to learn more but my book store doesn't carry them.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    BTW, we came across a fix in IRC a couple of days ago, they can extend the timeout and use the buttons to act as notification leds, its supposed to be integrated into a kernel, now that being the .29 or .32 around the corner I dont know. But kernel devs are aware of it, know how to fix it and are planning on it. Now we just wait.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads