Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Exclamation Need help un-rooting

Hello all, I used a 1-click method to root my SF. Scored a deductible-free handset from Assurion by *****ing enough about the GPS issues. Now I need to unroot to avoid the $320 fee for voiding warranty. I have NO custom recovery, lagfix or ROMs installed, just 2.1 with root access. What is the simplest method to unroot and leave no trace or modification? The file I used is names Fascinate_Rootv02

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    542 times
    Quote Originally Posted by truTh View Post
    Hello all, I used a 1-click method to root my SF. Scored a deductible-free handset from Assurion by *****ing enough about the GPS issues. Now I need to unroot to avoid the $320 fee for voiding warranty. I have NO custom recovery, lagfix or ROMs installed, just 2.1 with root access. What is the simplest method to unroot and leave no trace or modification? The file I used is names Fascinate_Rootv02
    Welcome to the forum! The procedure outlined here will get you back to stock.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    You could also *try* using z4root to remove root right from the phone. I've used the app to root phones, but have never actually tried it's un-root option. Might be a quickfix if it works. Worth a shot, no?

As suggested above, that will definitely do the trick, but if you wanna check out the app the official thread can be found here: [APP] z4root - xda-developers

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Exclamation Need help un-rooting

thanks for the warm welcome, it is much appreciated! ok, so a few light questions; the odin download link is broken, and i have been googling all night trying to locate the official file, to no avail. secondly, i do not have to flash all of the .tar files mentioned since i never flashed any roms or kernels, correct? so, i am guessing only the /system .tar need be flashed? and secondly, the 1-click unroot that you mentioned..being as it is not the same 1-click i used to root, could this have potentially destructive or irreversible results? if i had a phone to play with i would'nt care, but as i previously stated this one needs to go back to insurance, and any trace signs of root means that they will charge me the full $ for the new handset. thanks in advance for any tips or advice.

CR6
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    328 times
    Welcome to the forum truth! I'm not yet rooted so I can't help you out, but hang in there, I have no doubt one of these guys will get you fixed up in no time!
    Best of luck!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Did you try Z4 root the fascinate is on the compatable list. Unrooting this way will not harm the phone because you have no custom rom installed and all bloat is in place. the link over to at xda is to wipe out the custom recovery and restore your kernel. your best bet is with Z4

Remove Ads

Ads