Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Help I tried to update my phone using Odin3 and now I get a phone ! computer no boot

I tried again to flash my phone back to stock rom by andrynylin and it freezes on factoryfs.rfs. I have tried rebooting, changing ports of factory usb cable, running as admin with it set to run as xp compatible. I am able to get to the boot screen download yellow triangle screen as well as to the screen that lets me do a back up recovery using the update.zip file that takes you into that program. I did the recovery and it went through the whole process and then I did system reboot and it comes up with a picture of a phone ! computer with a yellow triangle around the xclamation point. I really need someones help bad. thanks,

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    ok after freaking out, lots of prayer and repenting and working on this for about three hours. I realized I was making a very simple mistake. I was using the phone button to select the stock rom file and when I read a post here Samsung Fascinate - Restore your rooted soft bricked phone back to stock condition(Updated12/27/10) he says to use the pda button which solved everything. It loaded the stock rom in a matter of minutes and booted to the samsung logo screen instead of the phone ! computer screen. Thank You Jesus!!!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by trmpt4him View Post
    ok after freaking out, lots of prayer and repenting and working on this for about three hours. I realized I was making a very simple mistake. I was using the phone button to select the stock rom file and when I read a post here Samsung Fascinate - Restore your rooted soft bricked phone back to stock condition(Updated12/27/10) he says to use the pda button which solved everything. It loaded the stock rom in a matter of minutes and booted to the samsung logo screen instead of the phone ! computer screen. Thank You Jesus!!!
    Oh wow, close call! I'm glad you got this sorted!

Yeah, when using ODIN, you have to always flash everything using PDA, phone is quite unfriendly with our devices.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Someone should remove that phone button....

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate via Tapatalk
    The Following User Says Thank You to soccerdon1981 For This Useful Post:
    Error414: No Useful Post Found

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerdon1981 View Post
    Someone should remove that phone button....

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate via Tapatalk
    It does create a bit of confusion...

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    My phone was not rooted prior to this issue; however, the phone was acting up with regard to the SD card and not loading so I thought what the hell I will factory reset it and all would just come back to life....

Found what I thought was a flash that would recover the device. Well, it turns out the my SCH-I500 is not a i9000. Now when I boot the phone it sits at the Galaxy S GT-I9000 logo. No buttom combo effects it. Pull the battery and can get it post to the Downloading screen.

So I followed the instructions above, in post #2, and it gets about 80% complete and errors:
    <ID:0/006> File analysis..
    <ID:0/006> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/006> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/006> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/006> Firmware update start..
    <ID:0/006> Sbl.bin
    <ID:0/006> cache.rfs
    <ID:0/006> factoryfs.rfs
    <ID:0/006> movinand.bin
    <ID:0/006>
    <ID:0/006> Complete(Write) operation failed.

The phone sits with the download blue bar about 80% across the screen.

HELP....Please.....

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    its late so you might be out of luck on this one. one thing i havent done to my phone yet is download another phones OS or software onto it. someone did this yesterday and managed to fix it but it sounds like they did exactly what you did but yours isnt working. im pretty sure cele was the one who helped the other guy so you may have to wait for him to get back on here to help you

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    try this link [ODIN] Full DI01 ODIN Package - xda-developers

this is what the other guy used and it worked for him. im not sure if they are the same but you can give it another shot

Member #
    Liked
    542 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rcass46220 View Post
    My phone was not rooted prior to this issue; however, the phone was acting up with regard to the SD card and not loading so I thought what the hell I will factory reset it and all would just come back to life....

Found what I thought was a flash that would recover the device. Well, it turns out the my SCH-I500 is not a i9000. Now when I boot the phone it sits at the Galaxy S GT-I9000 logo. No buttom combo effects it. Pull the battery and can get it post to the Downloading screen.

So I followed the instructions above, in post #2, and it gets about 80% complete and errors:
    <ID:0/006> File analysis..
    <ID:0/006> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/006> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/006> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/006> Firmware update start..
    <ID:0/006> Sbl.bin
    <ID:0/006> cache.rfs
    <ID:0/006> factoryfs.rfs
    <ID:0/006> movinand.bin
    <ID:0/006>
    <ID:0/006> Complete(Write) operation failed.

The phone sits with the download blue bar about 80% across the screen.

HELP....Please.....

Similar to your situation, the OP in this thread flashed files for the wrong Galaxy S variant to his Fascinate. Please review and follow the procedures there to return your phone to a workable state.

Ads