Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi Muji. Can you mirror them. Both my computers aren't allowing me to download the files for the particle blue. I love the pictures.

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    542 times
    LINKED FILES MOVED TO FIRST POST

For anyone who wants to have custom boot/shutdown animations and/or sounds on their phone, here's what you'll need to do. Remember, you need to be running a kernel that supports custom animations in order to use them:

1. Boot animation -- Add "bootanimation.zip" file to /system/media directory. To use any of the animations mirrored above, you'll have to rename the file to "bootanimation.zip" and then place it in the /system/media directory.

2. Shutdown animation -- Add or replace all .png files in /system/media/video/shutdown directory. To use any of the animations mirrored above, you'll have to extract all .png files in the .zip file to the /system/media/video/shutdown directory.

3. Startup sound -- Replace "PowerOn.wav" file in /system/etc directory with a .wav file of your choice. Just be sure to name it "PowerOn.wav".

4. Shutdown sound -- Replace "shutdown.ogg" file in /system/media/audio/ui directory with an .ogg file of your choice. Just be sure to name it "shutdown.ogg".

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    okay how do I get them on my phone again. I don't know ADB and I tried doing something through root explorer and it wouldn't let me move the file where I needed to. Also my supah clean froyo rom is acting really strange. the 1.0 update keeps doing a reboot loop. Not sure why. I just went back to the orignal leak with bloat which I hate but i'm a little stuck at the moment. I know you mentioned in another post that there needed to be a kernel that supported the bootanimation change. Sorry a bunch of questions thrown at you.

Member #
    Liked
    542 times
    See this post for file locations. Remember that in Root Explorer, you need to enable write access (tap "Mount R/W" at the top).

The kernel included with the leaked DL30 (bloated) ROM does not support custom animations. You'll need to re-flash Super Clean 1.0 to get that back. Did you update to the new red Clockwork before you flashed Super Clean?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    that's probably why it didn't work. I did but then I went back to DL30 to get rid of some bugs. Not sure what happened but I have to do that in order to get the 1.0 leak right.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    oh can you mirror the new clockwork mod

Member #
    Liked
    542 times
    You mean you restored your DL30 leak backup? That won't affect Clockwork. If you flashed the new red CWM, you have it. You will need to flash Super Clean to get custom animation capability, though. Just remember to flash it in CWM and not ROM Manager.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    okay.

Member #
    Liked
    542 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mstrina81 View Post
    oh can you mirror the new clockwork mod
    You can get it from this thread at XDA. You don't need to be a member to download it.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    i got it. i didnt scroll down far enough to see it in clwork. i'm reflashing DL30 super clean 1.0 now.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads