Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Credential Password

Hello.

I got my Fascinate today and one of the first things I did was set up my corporate email to connect to my work's Exchange email.

In doing this, I had to set up a credential password and now every time my phone is locked for too long, I have to enter the credential password to unlock the phone rather than use my unlock pattern. This is really annoying since the password is really intricate. Is there anyway to disable the credential password and just use my unlock pattern?

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Try going into your phone settings>location and security>change lock screen.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    That just gives me an alternative to the puzzle piece unlock screen. Usually, if it hasn't been 5 minutes since I last logged in using the credential password, it will let me access without entering it and will only make me unlock. If I set an unlock screen (the dots), then that is in place of the puzzle pieces. This means that it does NOT get rid of the credential password prompt--the credential password prompt will prompt me after a period of inactivity and override the puzzle piece unlock or dot unlock screen.

(I hope that made sense.)

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Oh ok yes it makes sense. Have you tried to access the settings through exchange. Sorry if im not a big help im just throwing things out there. I dont use this email.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Your pain is my pain…

First of all, I would like to say I don’t have the cure for your pain. However, I totally understand it. The corporate is requiring us to input password for security every time it goes to sleep. To make it worse for this situation, Fascinate has the proximity sensor to turn off the display when you hold your phone next to your ear to make phone call. So, you can’t even end the call after 1 min without re-entering the code. This is really ridiculous.
    To help others to understand what we are going through, this is what we have to do whenever it goes to sleep.
    1. Press the turn on button on the side.
    2. Tap “password” area to prompt the QWERTY keyboard
    3. Press “SYM” to change the keyboard to be able to enter “tiny” numbers or press “SYM” 2 sec to change to somewhat manageable size number keyboard.
    4. Type 4 digit numeric code.
    5. Slide the unlock button.
    This is very annoying if you have to do it 20 times a day for next 2 years if I decide to keep the phone.
    So far, I have come to 3 options for this problem.
    1 . Just return the Fascinate before 30 days.
    2. Drop the corporate exchange email and get the email through internet.
    3. Change the setting on screen timer to 10 min or 30 min. Always use hands free device when making phone call. Get 2nd or 3rd battery. Use the car charger whenever you are in the car. I am a heavy user and today I set it to 10 min screen off time and battery lasted only ˝ day.
    I am looking to see if there an app that just turns off the screen to blank without actually going to sleep. No luck so far. Ideas anyone?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I just stopped using the corporate email. Not worth it.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Have you tried the touchdown app. From what I have heard it works great for corporate email. I havent used it myself but have heard great things about it in other forums.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    This setting is enforced from Exchange. So if you connect that mailbox with your phone there is no way around it.
    -Matt

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I found another option that seems to work the best for me.

I set the sleep timer to 30 min and to "kill" the display to prolong battery life, I took a picture of total darkness with flash off and set the gallery to view that whenever I am not using it.

Remove Ads

Ads