Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Facebook Contacts

Hello,

I got the Fascinate today and love it so far. I'd love to be able to add my Facebook contacts to my Address Book but I can't seem to do it.

So far I have done all of the following:

1. Added my Facebook account to my Fascinate.
    2. Enabled Synching of contacts in Accounts and Synching under Settings
    3. Registered my mobile device on Facebook.com

What else should I do to get my Facebook contacts to go into my Contacts book? There is a group already made but there are 0 contacts in it.

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Mine did it automatically. maybe try removing your facebook and re-adding it? Perhaps it will prompt you when you do it again.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Agreed, mine asked me if I wanted to do this when I set it up. I decided not to though.

The Search Feature is your friend...

If you read a helpful post, be sure to click the "Thanks" button on that post to show you appreciated it.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    HA! That worked! Thanks, guys. Thought there was a trick to it that I was missing so that's why I didn't try removing the account and trying again.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

have the same problem

i just got my samsung fascinate, and also did not sync facebook when i got the phone. i downloaded the facebook app, and quickly realized that was not the key to syncing the phone. i understand how to link my facebook account, but when i try logging on, it says my name and password are incorrect (which they are not - it works fine on facebook.com). i have removed the facebook app and restarted the system several times.

today i went to verizon. they said that it was a glitch in facebook's system that it wasn't allowing syncing to happen; however, my friend who got her phone yesterday had no problem syncing hers right in front of the verizon rep. he said he didn't know what it could be other than a facebook glitch that would right itself "eventually"...

any thoughts?! please help!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    At least it allows you to decline. My current phone automatically added all kinds of people. I have over 2200 FB Friends (mafia wars). Most of their names I can't even pronounce, but they are in my stupid phone directory and I can not even remove them....grrrr.
    1st Droid was in November 2009 HTC Eris, other than it having a horrible battery, constantly bogging down, not allowing me to call or receive calls at random times, I loved it!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I found this over on Phandroid and thought it might help some of you as well. I used it and the pics seemed to display look a little better.

Go to you Contact app and hit the menu button and select "Get Friends". You can then go through your list of FB friends and pick who u want then just link the contacts together.

The Search Feature is your friend...

If you read a helpful post, be sure to click the "Thanks" button on that post to show you appreciated it.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I used the "get friends" option earlier today. Unfortunately, it linked all my contacts but thus far has not added all of their pictures. There doesnt seem to be any rhyme or reason to which contacts decided to have their pictures linked. Any help with this?

Remove Ads

Ads