Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Titanium backup will allow you to backup applications, use clockwork mod recovery for full backups.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok, I flash it from my pc with odin, i hook up the phone to do this, via the usb cable?
    can you be a bit more specific please..
    thanks a million....
    Carie

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    The instructions for using Odin are laid out in great detail at the thread I linked you. Power off device, remove battery, connect to PC via USB while holding volume down. This will start download mode. Yellow triangle with a friendly robot. Odin will recognize the device at this point. Check the post I linked you for more info.

You do need to be sure you are rooted. There is a great guide for rooting manually here in the "Guides" section. I was assuming you were rooted and recoveried already, but I suppose that may not be the case.

To be sure you are rooted, download terminal emulator from the market, type su and see if you get a super user request popup. If you don't, you aren't rooted.

If you're going to go the warranty voiding ways of flashing custom and unreleased firmware, its a very good thing to learn all the fun stuff like manually rooting, flashing ROMs, etc. Just saying, if you wanna be more comfortable with what you're doing, you got a lot of reading ahead.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Many thanks to dustinface,for the link,the ease at which I was able to use the full leak, and I'm froyo'd now, in less than 7 minutes!
    So easy a nurse could do it.
    Thanks sooo much!!!
    Thanks to all whom offered their kind advice!
    I liked this so much I'd like to know about the different versions now, and if anything else get'sleaked,I would love to tryit
    Is gingerbread next, then what?? something with an "H"?

Newly froyo'D thanks to the kind posters on fascinateforums and androidforum.
    mucho love!!!

Carie

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    hmm, if I weren't rooted would I have been able to install froyo?

Carie

Member #
    Liked
    542 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fascinatedcarie View Post
    hmm, if I weren't rooted would I have been able to install froyo?

Carie
    No. Verizon hasn't made it available yet.

Tapatalk'd

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    The version of Android after gb is honeycomb. H-comb was developed for tablets through and through, and it'll likely never come to phones. Google has said honeycomb and gingerbread will be combined for ice cream, so I expect that's when we'll start seeing elements of honeycomb on phones.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mujibar View Post
    No. Verizon hasn't made it available yet.

Tapatalk'd
    so, that I was able to install it, and it is froyo now I checked, I must have rooted it correctly?
    I don't know if you saw my recent post, but when I re setup facebook, it sent me an email saying facebook was accessed from Livingston, New Jersey and gave the IP, when normally since I live in Washington state, it says my connection is through Portland, Oregon. Is this cause for alarm, it was me who had just been on, is it redirecting or misleading my IP address now?

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I don't know why your ip address showed up like that but I would not worry about it. I know my ip does not show correct location sometimes when using my cell phone.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I don't know what process you used to root, but I would just dl terminal emulator. If you enter su and get a permission popup, you're gold.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads