Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

The process..... .... has stopped working. Could use some guidance please :)

To start things off im a noob. First time actually posting anything, anywhere, ever!!
    I rooted my Fascinate without a problem and downloaded some cool things like wireless tether, TB,etc. My next goal was to flash a custom ROM and from what i read was a little more complicated than it was when i did it on my eris. So after much reading I attempted to flash my phone. I downloaded ClockworkMod and Rom Manager. i tried to follow some guides i found on other sites and could never get it to work. Now im getting "sorry" notification boxes such as:

The process .android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly.

the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly.

...and many more such as that that all give me the option to force close.

My phone and text appear to be working its just a pain in the butt to use them because the notification boxes keep popping up and some of them even lock up the phone. Im also unable to access gmail to set up my contacts or the market.

The last thing i remeber doing was trying to do a data wipe but i think i forgot to do a backup. Thats when the problems started. I tried to go into recovery and restore my backups but i get an error that says something like MD5 mismatch.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. If any other info is needed ill try my best to provide. dont worry about speaking to me like im stupid cause i kind of am in these matters!!

Thanks in advance.

2. Ads

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    What do the last 4 sections in "About Phone" say? Did the new ROM load when you rebooted? Were you able to complete the data/cache wipes? Not doing so will cause multiple Force Close.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    bhfd64 thanks for responding so quickly!!

1. Firmware Version: 2.1- update1
    2. Baseband Version: S:i500.04 V.EA28
    3. Kernel Version: 2.6.29
    4. Build Number: SCHI500.EA28

The ROM did not load. basicaly looks stock except for the notifications.

But i did try the wipes you recommended and that seemed to do the trick as far as the notifications goes. so Awesome and thank you so much for solving my problem!

Now as far as being rooted goes am i technically still rooted?? I dont have any of my apps including SuperUser and Terminal Emulator. I still would like to experimant with new ROM's especially the new FROYO ones. im just worried ill jack my phone up again. What would you recommend i do next if you dont mind me asking??

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    The first thing I would do is study these:

http://www.fascinateforums.com/forum...rminology.html

http://www.fascinateforums.com/forum...all-froyo.html

It doesn't sound to me like you're rooted. Can you post a link for the process you used? Also, can you tell me the steps you used in wiping data/cache?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Ill try to look up the guide i used but i know i used ADB to root it. i know there was some sort of verification in the guide to let me know it was rooted and i also used some apps that required root access and they worked. Ill try to find that again for you. as far as wiping data/cache i did it in the recovery menu (Down volume and power) and from there i was able to get into clockworkMod Recovery and did the same. after i rebooted it was as if i had just got the phone out of the box minus verizon activating service to it.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Hmm...if you got into Clockwork and did the wipes that way then you must be rooted. Was the text red?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    looks orange to me. has a hat in the background and says clockworkMod Recovery v3.0.0.8

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Did you install it via Rom Manager? And did you happen to do one of Verizon's over-the-air updates after rooting? It may have broken your root access if so.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    This is the new recovery from Rom Manager. What has happened is that you have downloaded Rom Manager and press the first menu item to update clockwork recovery. This clockwork does not work well with the roms that we have available to us right now.

Go to THIS thread and post #20, there is a link to the fix for this issue. But it will totally wipe your phone and you will have to re-load everything.

Remove Ads

Ads