Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times

Post Recalibrate Battery?

Hi everyone! Loving this forum after 1 week... very helpful.

I had a quick question. Ever since going to Froyo (and now super clean 2.8, then 2.9) it seems that my battery drains more quickly. Not that it was great life before, but it's noticeable. For example, just took it off the charger this morning and it's at 94% after a half hour. Wasn't even using it (just checked email really quickly).

I'm not using SetCPU or anything like that - just normal apps. I have used GPS while driving every day for the traffic, but that was true before, and it charges in the dock while going.

I charge it every night (the alarm clock is on, but even that goes to a dark screen with just green time while charging). Nothing out of the ordinary.

Should I recalibrate the battery? Any tips for doing that? I read on some other forums about just letting it drain to 0, and then charging it uninterrupted for a couple hours.

Wanted to get your take on it here on this forum - I've had more luck with instructions on here than anywhere else. Thanks.

2. Ads

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    298 times
    I have yet to try it...but here is one person suggested. Good luck!

http://www.fascinateforums.com/forum...tery-life.html

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Awesome... much more concise than another one I was reading. Thanks - I will give it a try tomorrow hopefully, and post a follow-up!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Don't expect the same battery life u had with stock, no matter what u do it just isn't as good. That is one issue it seems hasn't been resolved yet..

Sent from my hybrid fascinate
    It's just a little file sharing, is that wrong?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Until we have a source, battery performance will be a pain point. The devs need a kernel source to effectively tweak power consumption.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Quote Originally Posted by juddrock View Post
    Don't expect the same battery life u had with stock, no matter what u do it just isn't as good. That is one issue it seems hasn't been resolved yet..

Sent from my hybrid fascinate
    My battery life is twice what it was stock with Froyo. Went from 8 hours to 15+.

Attachment 221

Nowhere near this stock.
    Attached Images

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    298 times
    Anyone use the extended battery that is out? Does it help much and how much extra bulk does it add to the back?
    I cut corners till I break it.
    If I help you break it, I will help you fix it...promise!

99.97% Success Rate
    Devices I have hacked, modded and owned: Original Droid / DX / Fascinate / Charge / TBolt / Razr / Gnex / Xoom / Kindle Fire

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    294 times
    What kind of battery life are other members experiencing after froyo? Seems some have noticed significant improvement and others significant loss. :question:

Member #
    Liked
    541 times
    I think it really depends on which kernel you're running. Mine's been about the same w/ stock kernels and custom kernels, either on Eclair or Froyo. Not spectacular battery life, but tolerable.

Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    I follow the same procedure in the link. But I have some slight changes based on many many posts on the topic.
    Before wiping stats (which I do using the script) charge your phone until the the charge is 'full' not just 100%. Then at least on the first charge leave it another 15-30 minutes to make sure it is full/full.

Then wipe bstats. I use the script because at least until 2.8 the bstats in CWM recovery was broken. Not sure if it's fixed in 2.9 or not.

Then cycle per the instructions in the link but do it 3x.

So far 2.9 seems to be doing better on battery life than 2.8nv. Im still doing wipe stats and 3 cycles.

Then wipe stats and full cycle the battery 3x from full to < 5%. Almost every post says 3 cycles.
    Samsung Fascinate ED05: WiFi only Media player

Samsung Charge EP4P - Infinity ROM/EP4D Radio
    Galaxy Tab 7 Plus - Wifi only - No Verizon bloatware

Confusing people one post at a time

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads