Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

How can I verify that I have successfully patchd to 2.9.1?

I have updated to superclean 2.9.1 w/ blue steel theme (phenomenal!)... I am trying to validate that everything has updated but don't know where to look. When I go to settings --> about phone here is what is listed:

Firmware version: 2.2.1
    Baseband version: s:i500.04 V .EB01
    Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9
    Build Number: SCH-I500.EB01

Phone is working fine. other than slightly high battery use. I am following instructions to drain, charge and wipe battery stats to see how that works. (btw setting brightness to max and rebooting drains battery nice and quick )

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Ads

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Here is one of the things that the 2.9.1 patch brought with it:

"--Removed aosp and rotary music controls as there were crashes and random reboots reported (for me as well)."

So, what you can do to find out if you've flashed it properly is this. Set your lock screen to "Rotary" then go to your music player and play some music. Then lock your phone. Then, when you go to unlock your phone, if there are no music controls on the lock screen, you're golden. If there ARE music controls on the lock screen, you'll need to flash the patch again.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I did it... and when I unlocked, I still had basic music controls (backwards, play, fastforward). So it sounds like it didn't work. Should i attempt the update again? Do i need do do a full backup and do full data, cache wipe? or just treat like a theme.. wipe cache partition and davlik cache multiple times and then install from SD? Also can you provide me with the link to 2.9.1 again?

Thanks!

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    [ROM][3.10.2011] Superclean 2.9.1 EA15/EB01/EB16 Based - xda-developers

There is the link. It looks like that patch was mainly to correct some random reboot issues. If you're not having those, I'd leave it alone. I'm sure that the next super clean release will have all of this included.

If you're going to flash again and don't have a recent Nandroid backup, then go ahead and do one. As far as the wipes, I'm not entirely sure which you need to do, if any. There may be some insight in the XDA thread above, or I'm sure someone who does know will be along shortly.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    cool.. then i will hold off on upgrade to 2.9. Appreciate the help.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Any time.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    so... been thinking some more. How would I verify that I am on 2.9? I guess, I am asking if there is a way to verify in general?

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    I don't think there is really any way to figure it out other than remembering which you flashed. If you haven't flashed a theme, it will say "SC 2.9" in the notifications drop down. I'm pretty sure the music controls on the lock screen didn't happen until 2.9. So if you have them, you should be on 2.9.

Remove Ads

Ads