Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

poor battery life?

I feel like Im bugging yall!! But ok, i rooted and flashed to basic froyo, so I installed superclean 2.9.2 yesterday, i have not put on any kernels Im nonvoodoo. My battery life has gotten shorter with each thing I do to the phone. I recalibrated the battery yesterday. What can I do to improve battery life? I try to remember to turn off wifi, gps, & autorotation when not in use and close all running apps. If I flash a theme on here is that going to make the battery worse? I mean like, I unplug, browse fb, check emails, check some text with wifi on for about 10 minutes and its down to 93% then periodically checking thru the day and within 3 hrs being @ 50% is that normal?
    This is all the info that I know of thats on the phone
    [ROM][3.23.2011] Superclean 2.9.2 EA15/EB01/EB16/EC10 Based
    EB01 Froyo Rom - (from seles post on how to root & install)

eta: Oh yea I also added that thing that makes the power button your camera shutter

& can anyone explain how to flash the patch that is offered with superclean for the eb01 touchwiz music player? Is that the stock player that was on it?
    TW Music Player (eb01)
    eb01_twmusic.zip

2. Ads

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Here are a couple links on battery life. Is this the procedure you followed? Some kernels do bring with them better battery life. It's hard to say which, because each phone can react differently to them. Trying a few out could be worth your time. For that TW player, simply download it with your phone or computer and note where it is on your sdcard, then boot into CWR and flash it. Same way you did the shutter mod. It is the stock player for EB01.

Also, are you using any task killers? Here is a thread on those.

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    It seems to me you are loosing battery a little faster then you should. What are you using for email? How often do you have it checking? I have the K9 email and had it checking every 15min. That drained my batter very fast. Yahoo cannot really be set like that, but does not drain as fast as that. I'm currently running K9 to check every hour. It has improved greatly. Heck I may bump that up even more.
    Like BHFD64 mentioned, a lot will depend on what your are running. But from what I have read, the EB16 seems to produce better battery life than EB01.

Some of the themes also incorporate battery help.
    You may want to try Juice Defender (in the market). Some say it has helped them loads

DejaVu

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm having the same problem. I'm running MailDriod but I do have it set for instant notification, and also have a few widgets. I was hoping the new UV Voodoo kernel would help but it didn't. Mine is so bad that I can drain the battery in an hour, from 100% to about 5%. Going from a Blackberry Storm that got amazing battery life this phone is pretty discouraging sometimes but I'm slowly working the bugs out.
    If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you guys, Im using the regular email set up that came with phone and gmail and I do have them both set to notify me as much as possible. I will change that and see if there is help with it. yay! Cant wait to change my music player lol

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Same issue here also. Sc 2.9.2, blue steel, uv voodoo kernel.

Running only pandora for about two hours with screen off and locked will drain battery completely in a little over two hours.

Sent from my Fascinate Galaxy S using tapatalk.

Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Use Spare Parts to check for a wakelock condition. Check GPS usage and WiFi usage. Some of the battery threads prolly talk about wakelock.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    Samsung Fascinate ED05: WiFi only Media player

Samsung Charge EP4P - Infinity ROM/EP4D Radio
    Galaxy Tab 7 Plus - Wifi only - No Verizon bloatware

Confusing people one post at a time

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Drained until phone shut off and charged until 100% twice while it was all off, booted cwm and deleted battery stats. Left pandora on overnight in hopes to find a dead battery do I could repeat one last time. Phone was at after 8 hours of pandora.seems that method fixed my issues, you should give if a try.

Sent from my Fascinate Galaxy S using tapatalk.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Good, glad you're straightened out.

CDM
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    We have two fascinates and I wish we had bought the blackberry instead, these phones have many problems, email, battery life and it seems like we are always hitting the wrong buttons since its flat and off it goes and have to go back and do it over...guess not Iphone style people sure did like my blackberry alot better and you could delete all the emails at once if you wanted to and not have to check each email...and we still have 1 year to go...I will not get another fascinate thats for sure....we hate them...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads