Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Recover deleted texts? :(

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Recover deleted texts? :(

My phone has deleted my text messages three times with no warning. I need to retrieve my messages because they contain very important information! Is there any way I can get them back outside of a court order?

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    328 times
    Welcome to the forum allyjo!
    In short, the answer is no. I also lost a couple of important texts a few months back and i scoured the net looking for away to retrieve them to no avail. Again, this was a couple of months ago but I doubt anything has changed since then in that aspect. I now make a habit of "locking" all important messages to keep them from being accidentally deleted, but unfortunately its no help for those messages already lost.
    All you can do is talk to Verizon tech support and maybe you can find a nice rep who would email the lost messages to you. All they can do is say no, but it's worth a try. Of course you'll need the time, date & number the message was sent from.
    Good luck & let us know how you make out!
    :nerd:

"Guidelines of Conduct" for Galaxyforums.net

Any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to PM me.

Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Moving forward consider an app like SMS Backup and Restore.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    Samsung Fascinate ED05: WiFi only Media player

Samsung Charge EP4P - Infinity ROM/EP4D Radio
    Galaxy Tab 7 Plus - Wifi only - No Verizon bloatware

Confusing people one post at a time

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    328 times
    I use that in GoSMS but unfortunately it only saves and backups mms and not sms. Can you suggest one that does both?
    Thx!

My bad...that IS the name of the app! Doh! (Gettin late time for bed!) Downloading it now.
    Thanks ezas!

"Guidelines of Conduct" for Galaxyforums.net

Any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to PM me.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I use text archive backs them up and email them to yourself...it has an ugly pink icon

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello people..PLEASE..I need help! I recieved a text msg and as soon as i tapped on the msg icon,ALL MY TEXT CONVERSATIONS WERE GONE! ALL OF THEM. I was freaked out..This made me really upset. I want my conversations back ( what can I do? I have no idea.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

How to Retrieve Deleted Text Messages from Samsung

Quote Originally Posted by allyj0918 View Post
    My phone has deleted my text messages three times with no warning. I need to retrieve my messages because they contain very important information! Is there any way I can get them back outside of a court order?
    Is there something wrong with your Samsung phone that it keeps losing text messages several times? I think you'd better back up the rest important text messages first before they are all gone.

Then, to retrieve deleted text messages from Samsung phone, I think there is a tutorial on How to Recover Deleted Data from Samsung maybe helpful for you. It seems this tutorial gains a good reputation that guides people how to recover data like contacts, text messages,etc from Samsung phones. Maybe you can give it a try.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    By the way, How to never lose a text message again? Back up your SMS messages regularly.
    CR6 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BellyBlack View Post
    Messages are important for people to communicate easily with others in our daily life. However, with some reasons like virus attack, hardware or software failure and human error, text messages in Samsung phone sometimes are deleted accidentally. When it happens, don't worry. What you should do first is to make sure that the portion of memory is not being over-written. And after download Android Data Recovery, you can recover messages on your Samsung mobile easily and quickly.
    Some data recovery tools can be helpful if you don' have backup file of the lost data.
    Last edited by billee; 02-13-2017 at 11:51 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    This thread is in place to help those who have lost files due to an accidental deletion, or format. Cell phones use flash memory (typically micro SD). If you lose your files, you need not worry, they can be recovered.

This guide is for recovering deleted text messages from Android phone with FORecovery Android Data Recovery.

If you have lost your messages, you will need to contact your service provider and request them to resend them to you. Carriers keep copies of all messages sent and received on their servers for legal reasons. Say the police believe the phone is being used to take orders and traffic drugs. They would obtain a warrant, and the phone company would issue copies of all the messages.

This is only in place for legal reasons, so you need not worry about someone reading everything you say in your messages.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads