Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times

How to stop OLD e-mails from coming to phone?

Hi! I'm a new Fascinate user and am AMAZED at how helpful (and funny!) you guys are!

I have a question specific to e-mail. At the Verizon store, they automatically set up my comcast and yahoo e-mail addresses - which is working great. Only problem is, OLD messages from each account keep crawling in. I do maintain a pretty long list of undeleted e-mails on my PC Inbox (no lectures, please!!! :wink but I'd like to do it differently on the phone, and just basically read and delete. But these old messages.... there's no apparent end to them, and they are haunting me!

How do I tell my phone I only want NEW messages?

THANK YOU!
    Lynn

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    The good thing about 2.2 is the fact that it will let you access all the folders you have set up under a specific email account. My suggestion would be to set-up a folder or 10 and move your old messages to them. This will allow you to keep and access those old emails when you need them but keep your inbox clear of old mail.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Search Feature is your friend...

If you read a helpful post, be sure to click the "Thanks" button on that post to show you appreciated it.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lonzom10 View Post
    The good thing about 2.2 is the fact that it will let you access all the folders you have set up under a specific email account. My suggestion would be to set-up a folder or 10 and move your old messages to them. This will allow you to keep and access those old emails when you need them but keep your inbox clear of old mail.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thank you so much. Is there no way, then. to just tell the phone "New e-mails only"? That would be my preference if possible.

Are all those old e-mails REALLY taking up space on my phone, or are they just "links" or something? Because if they aren't really taking up space, it's probably not a problem... just an annoyance!

If they ARE taking up space, I will have to take a weekend and implement your suggestion!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Unfortunately there is no way to only get "new" emails that I am aware of but someone else on the board may have a trick for doing it.

The Search Feature is your friend...

If you read a helpful post, be sure to click the "Thanks" button on that post to show you appreciated it.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Thank you!
    I am slowly getting the hang of some things over here in Fascinate-world!!! :wink:

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    299 times
    I too am a pack rat when it comes to emails...it is just something you have to deal with. Could always forward all the important ones to gmail...then you can star the ones you need to access regularly. An extra step, but could be a solution. *looks over at my entertainment system duct taped and paper clips with rubber bands holding it together*
    I cut corners till I break it.
    If I help you break it, I will help you fix it...promise!

99.97% Success Rate
    Devices I have hacked, modded and owned: Original Droid / DX / Fascinate / Charge / TBolt / Razr / Gnex / Xoom / Kindle Fire

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Thanks for your post, Buddy!
    I actually went through all my e-mails and put some in folders and deleted most. I still have some e-mail questions, though... will be starting a new thread on that.
    Hope to see you *there*!!

Ads