Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Visual notifications for messages

Just got the phone and was wondering if there is any way to get a visual notification when you have a message (text or voicemail) or a missed call. I have grown accustomed to the little blinking light when you have a message even when phones are in standby or locked mode. thanks!

2. Ads

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    299 times
    Hi KB...as stock there is an ap called NoLed. If you root and flash the right kernel (hacking) then the ap BLN flashes the capacitive buttons at the bottom.
    I cut corners till I break it.
    If I help you break it, I will help you fix it...promise!

99.97% Success Rate
    Devices I have hacked, modded and owned: Original Droid / DX / Fascinate / Charge / TBolt / Razr / Gnex / Xoom / Kindle Fire

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I have been using no led. It didn't work well at first but after un installing and reinstalling it runs perfectly. Very handy app.

Bln control works well to. I am still trying to figure out which I like beyer tbetter

Alpha Tappa Lambda

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the reply- but I'm not so savy... How do you root and flash the right kernel ? I have already dwnlded No Led

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KB8 View Post
    Thanks for the reply- but I'm not so savy... How do you root and flash the right kernel ? I have already dwnlded No Led

Rooting is a pretty simple process but if you like your stock phone you don't need a root. If you are all about performance and customization then having a rooted phone is awesome.

You can find a great guide to rooting stock froyo here

http://www.fascinateforums.com/forum...d01-froyo.html

If you do decide to root your next step is flashing a custom rom. A guide on how to do that can be found here

http://www.fascinateforums.com/forum...ustom-rom.html

If you decide to root and flash a custom rom I would suggest starting with something simple like non voodoo super clean 9.2.9. After you get familiar with it and do it a few times it becomes as easy as turning your phone on(for the most part ). If you do a search on this forum you can find it. It isn't very hard. You just need to follow the root guide I posted above and the how to flash a custom rom guide and you are good to go.

As I stated before READ UP, ask questions, and watch youtube videos. If you are still not comfortable with it feel free to shoot one of the mods or rescue squad members a PM and they will be happy to help you out.

When I first rooted my phone I had no idea what I was doing, what a rom was, what a kernel was, or what a radio was. Now that I have rooted and begun flashing I would never go back to a stock android phone.

Hope that helps.

I know I have already said it but READ...it's your best friend when it comes to a process like this.

CR6
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    328 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KB8 View Post
    If you're not comfortable rooting your phone, do as Bob suggested and enjoy it stock for awhile while you read up and familiarize yourself with everything this phone is capable of.
    If all you're currently looking for is an led notification, NoLED doesn't require rooting your phone and its a great app to have on your Fascinate! Let us know if you need a hand with anything
    Enjoy!

Tapatalker!

"Guidelines of Conduct" for Galaxyforums.net

Any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to PM me.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for all the info. I will do my homework and check everything out. I would just like something to blink or turn on when I have a message. I did install No LED, but have yet to get anything to work.

CR6
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    328 times
    Usually you'll have to reboot your phone to get NoLED to work properly. Others have had to uninstall and reinstall it completely to work. But once that's done, it usually works great.

"Guidelines of Conduct" for Galaxyforums.net

Any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to PM me.

Remove Ads

Ads