Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DejaVu View Post
    Hello Tiskers,

You can close out your factory mail account I think from Menu>settngs>Accounts & Sync> Is it listed there? If so, touch the account and then hit the "remove account" button
    If it is not there then, Menu>settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All>Scroll down to the Email Icon>
    From there you should be able to hit the "uninstall" button

Also, give the K9 Mail app a try. It's free in the market. This may work better for you because it has more adjustability than the Yahoo app. Also, you can run multiple accounts from K9.

Hope this helps.

Oh yea, when you open the Yahoo mail app, it will open normall from where you left it. Meaning if you totally closed it, it will run the Yahoo launchar and all. If you closed it from your inbox, I believe it should open back at your inbox. I believe that is how mine was when I used it. I'm on the K9 app. right now. It does not have the nice graphics like Yahoo, but I do like that I have more / better control on how this mail app runs.
    There are also associate apps for K9 if you want to run more secure mail too.

Hope this helps
    Hey Deja,

THANKS for the post. I really appreciate your time.

OK, here's the scoop so far: with the new Yahoo app, my Yahoo mail seems to be working fine, THANK YOU! I'm VERY happy about that! But I would still like to get rid of the original Yahoo application that was put in for me at the Verizon store. Having both drives me crazy.

So using Deja's directions, I looked under Menu>Settings>Accounts & Sync; and there is a Yahoo account listed there, but I think it's for the new Yahoo app I just installed, because the little purple "Y!" logo is there, and it wasn't there before. If I delete this, won't I lose my new app that's working for me??! I want to delete the OLD Yahoo account.

So, further following Deja's directions, I went to Menu>Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All> and there's a (Yahoo) MAIL app there, version 1.3.5 - which is the one I just downloaded recently and NOT the one I want rid of.

So, I still need you guys' help, please. Is there a way to get rid of the first Yahoo account? Should I take it to the Verizon store and ask their help? (Not that they are any great-shakes anyway, but at least they would have the phone in hand! I feel like you poor guys are trying to help me in the dark!!!)

In case this helps: On my home screen, I have the original "email" icon that opens up the first Yahoo account AND Comcast. ( <-- this is the Yahoo account I want to delete, if possible.) Beside that icon is the Yahoo app icon I just installed.

I'm not very tech-savvy, so please forgive if this is hard to understand!!! And THANK YOU for the help!!!

Lynn

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Ok, here it is for what you most likely have loaded from Verizon
    I just loaded up Yahoo on the default email that came with the phone.

Open up your email that Verizon set up for you
    Menu>Accounts
    You should see your Yahoo account uner "Accounts"
    Long press your Yahoo account
    Select "Remove Account

That's it!

Let me know if this works for you
    DejaVu

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Ok, here it is for what you most likely have loaded from Verizon
    I just loaded up Yahoo on the default email that came with the phone.

Open up your email that Verizon set up for you
    Menu>Accounts
    You should see your Yahoo account uner "Accounts"
    Long press your Yahoo account
    Select "Remove Account

That's it!

Let me know if this works for you
    OH Deja,
    Thank you for your continued patience and assistance!

It did work! The "long press" was the ticket! Thank you so much!!! The original Yahoo account has been removed. YAY!

OK, so nooooow my only problem is still the blasted Comcast account. Just like before, it's been a couple of days and the e-mails to that account have stopped coming in again. I'll bet a shut down would solve the problem, it has in the past. Would you just do that?

Thank you!!!

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    PS Did some butt-scooting around the web and found this:
    Issue 5021 - android - Droid not working properly with my Comcast email account - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting
    Apparently it is not just my problem!

Someone else there suggested the K9 app. I was trying to get this issue fixed without that (one more app to learn!!!!) but maybe I will look into that. Or the possibility of diverting my Comcast mail through Gmail, as someone else suggested... although would that keep my OUTLOOK mailroom (where the Comcast mail comes) open and fully functional on my PC?

Thanks!!!

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Tiskers, Glad to hear it worked for you! Yea!

Sorry, I cannot be of help for the other questions. I am not hooked up to the Outlook mail, so I do not have any exposure there. Also, the same for Comcast email. I have read some bits on some other sites though. If I see them, I'll drop you the links if they have some kind of resolution.

I certainly would not want to have to shut down the phone all the time for emails. Although, I do shut it down at night though.
    DejaVu

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Thanks, Deja. I have been keeping my phone on through the night (usually on the charger); and except to reboot it for those blasted Comcast e-mails, I haven't been shutting it off otherwise.

Is there any advice or general "rules of thumb" for when/how often the phone should be turned off or left on?

Thank you again!

Lynn

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Also, one more question...

Under MENU > SETTINGS > ACCOUNTS AND SYNC > MANAGE ACCOUNT: I notice that my 2 Gmail accounts and my Yahoo one are listed. But my Comcast account isn't listed there, although "ADD ACCOUNT" is an option. Do you think I should attempt to add the Comcast account? Why wouldn't (or shouldn't?) it be listed there? GAH, I'm so easily confused!!!

Thanks!!! :shocked:

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    I'm not sure about how often to actually shut down the phone. I know a lot of folks leave it on and use it as an alarm clock.
    I think I read somewhere that once a week would be helpful, not positive of the frequency though.
    I don't use mine that heavy though and just turn it off in the evening. I treat it like a computer. I like to shutdown my computer to fully close out any background apps running. So the same with my phone too.

As far as adding your Comcast account, I am not sure you can. I believe the Yahoo is there because it's an app you downloaded.
    I'm currently running the stock Email app. from the phone (Yahoo account) and it does not show up there either. I believe all you get for choices are Gmail, Corporate, and the social networking apps. If Comcast has an app, you will most likely see it there.

You may want to read up on the K9 app. from the market too. I have become more of a fan for this because it seems more reliable overall compared to the Yahoo app. That is a bummer because I like the graphics of Yahoo better.

EDIT: No need to be confused, we can get you fixed up here. :music:

Edit 2: Have you checked all your Comcast settings for incoming and outgoing?
    You may want to see if anything in these two links help you. I realize they are not Verizon, but the servers may be the same, not positive

http://customer.comcast.com/Pages/FA...ookieSupport=1

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...hlight=Comcast

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I'm not sure about how often to actually shut down the phone. I know a lot of folks leave it on and use it as an alarm clock.
    I think I read somewhere that once a week would be helpful, not positive of the frequency though.
    I don't use mine that heavy though and just turn it off in the evening. I treat it like a computer. I like to shutdown my computer to fully close out any background apps running. So the same with my phone too.

As far as adding your Comcast account, I am not sure you can. I believe the Yahoo is there because it's an app you downloaded.
    I'm currently running the stock Email app. from the phone (Yahoo account) and it does not show up there either. I believe all you get for choices are Gmail, Corporate, and the social networking apps. If Comcast has an app, you will most likely see it there.

You may want to read up on the K9 app. from the market too. I have become more of a fan for this because it seems more reliable overall compared to the Yahoo app. That is a bummer because I like the graphics of Yahoo better.

EDIT: No need to be confused, we can get you fixed up here. :music:

Edit 2: Have you checked all your Comcast settings for incoming and outgoing?
    You may want to see if anything in these two links help you. I realize they are not Verizon, but the servers may be the same, not positive

Verifying Outlook Express settings

[Q] EVO Email issues with comcast incomming mail - xda-developers
    Thanks again, Deja. Yeah, I have been using the alarm clock feature, too!

I *think* the Comcast settings for incoming and outgoing are correct... the kid at the Verizon store set them up (where he got them I have no idea!) but they seem to match what I've found on the web.

I dunno, the more I read, the more it just kinda seems like maybe Comcast and the phone aren't very compatible. Which is probably a Comcast issue, I would presume, if past experience is any indicator!!!

I would still like to be able to use it successfully, though, so if anyone else has any additional input or advice I'd really appreciate it.

PS Deja, you need an address where to send the bill to, my friend???!! :wink:

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Attachment 446
    Not a problem. Just glad you got some of it fixed and running! Good luck on the Comcast part.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    DejaVu

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads