Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Help with the "settings" "Home" "Return" and "Serch" touch icons.

Hey guys, I just got the Samsung fascinate and I just had a quick question. First off love the phone and it is working great, not even 48 hrs old. The question I have is this: The touch icons that are the Settings, Home, Return, and Serch icons that are below the samsung logo on the phone the back lights for them go out while using the phone, They do however stay on if I don't touch them "IE" If I unlock the phone by sliding the puzzle peice then let it go back into sleep mode, they will stay on for the duration. But while doing a variety of actions on the phone they go dark and don't stay on, but when I touch the cluster they pop right back on and they work just fine....Is it normal for them to go out during use...to maybe save battery? Or is there something wrong...This is my first smart phone I upgraded from the Alias 2, and not familiar with the specific workings of this new phone yet.

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Welcome. If by using the phone you mean making a call then yes it is normal for them to go out. I notice that while using mine for other than making a call they stay lit for the duration. If your phone is stock, not rooted and you have not changed any settings I think you are fine. And if I am wrong im sure someone will let you know.

super fassy talking tap

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    485 times
    First off welcome to the forum. I never really payed much attention to my back lights. So I tested mine to see if they went off or stayed on while in use and when I let the phone go to sleep. What I found was if I used them they stayed light and if the phone went to sleep they turned off. When I unlocked my phone using the puzzle piece they stayed off until I pressed one of the four buttons again. So I would say it seems like a normal thing except for my buttons go off when my phone is asleep, but if I read right you said yours stay on which is a little strange. Hopefully one of the more experienced members can jump on here and confirm what I said or give you better insight. If you have anymore questions the great group of people here can answer just about any of them.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    Rescue Squad
    Feel free to pm, with any questions or concerns
    Gtalk available upon request

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    485 times
    Oh beat me to it

Rescue Squad
    Feel free to pm, with any questions or concerns
    Gtalk available upon request

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnie8890 View Post
    Oh beat me to it

No worries you can have half.

super fassy talking tap

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Ewes puzzle unlock :shocked:

tapatapatalky

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the input. Like I said they work fine, but when using the phone sometimes they go off and other times they don't, then I have to touch them for them to come on, they work fine once they are on...funny I just got a call while typing this and they go off during a phone call as well. I am sorry if I seem pesty, but like I said I am learning and hopefully in a few months I can be the one with some answers about this phone like you fine people.

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Hey Rutz,

I am running a stock Fascinate with EB03 for the firmware. I locked my phone and when the display went into sleep mode, the bottom lights went out. When I hit the power key then slid the puzzle piece to unlock the phone (yes belber the puzzle piece. JEwes puzzle unlock) the bottom lights stayed off until I touched one of them.
    The lights should go off while the phone is in sleep mode. This helps conserve battery juice.
    You should be able to scroll through web pages with the lights still off. With this latest firmware, they seem to stay off unless you touch them to activate them again. I like this because it makes it easier for night time reading. Those bottom buttons can be really over powering when trying to read at night.
    You just get "accustomed" to where they are. Some folks like them on, some like them off. I would have
    liked a slider adjustment or even just a check box whether to leave them on or not. J
    It looked like your question was answered, but I wanted to add a little input.
    I agree with Ronnie,
    Those lights should go off when the phone is in sleep mode.
    Oh yea, don't worry about being a pest. That's whe we are all here for.
    DejaVu

Remove Ads

Ads