Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Network Error

Member #
    Liked
    57 times

Network Error

Hey folks....Over the last 3 days I have started getting the following error message..."a Network error has occurred, retry or cancel to return to the previous screen". Mostl when trying to reach the marketplace. Bars show I have coverage (not on WIFI). Has happended in different locatons so not just one place.

Any idea if this is just a blip or an issue? Is there an app to restart the signal without having to restart the device? Sounds crazy..thanks indvance,

Non rooted Facinate.

2. Ads

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    299 times
    Hi Skin,

I have had that too...I think it is an issue with the market itself. Does it happen when you are on wifi or 3g or both. If it happens on both then it is probably the market itself. If you are on wifi, try switching it off and letting 3g pick up...that sometimes clears things up. You can go right back on wifi and the connection is regained.

I have issues if I am on wifi...the router I am connected to fails...I stay connected but with no connection. on and off clears things up.
    I cut corners till I break it.
    If I help you break it, I will help you fix it...promise!

99.97% Success Rate
    Devices I have hacked, modded and owned: Original Droid / DX / Fascinate / Charge / TBolt / Razr / Gnex / Xoom / Kindle Fire

Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    Quote Originally Posted by buddyfunlove View Post
    Hi Skin,

I have had that too...I think it is an issue with the market itself. Does it happen when you are on wifi or 3g or both. If it happens on both then it is probably the market itself. If you are on wifi, try switching it off and letting 3g pick up...that sometimes clears things up. You can go right back on wifi and the connection is regained.

I have issues if I am on wifi...the router I am connected to fails...I stay connected but with no connection. on and off clears things up.
    It happens on both, today was on 3g. Is there a way to reset the connection without restarting the phone? (maybe an app that with a click will try and rest the connection. Thanks for the help!

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    299 times
    You can go into applications (under settings), select market and clear data. But I really think it is the market that is having issues. Saw a few articles the other day about the market having connection issues. Frustrating, yes...fixable...no.
    I cut corners till I break it.
    If I help you break it, I will help you fix it...promise!

99.97% Success Rate
    Devices I have hacked, modded and owned: Original Droid / DX / Fascinate / Charge / TBolt / Razr / Gnex / Xoom / Kindle Fire

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I too have this problem on wifi and 3g. i think its prolly the market itself. Odd thing is i never had this issue until i did the OTA update about 2 weeks ago before i flashed CommRom. I though it was the ROM so i reflashed, but same thing.
    Sent from my Rooted X2. I miss my Fassy.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    This is a very good post which I really enjoy reading. It is not every day that I have the possibility to see something like this.

Remove Ads

Ads