Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Hey Bruce Thomas, If you still cannot get past the language screen, use the following method to bypass the activation screen. This will let you run a hard reset and maybe clear whatever is stuck. I use it all the time to check out phones that have been shipped to me.This should allow you to boot to your home screen. Once there you can do the reset to factory option againTo bypass activation screen, press emergency call button, then at the dialer, press *#83786633, then press the Home key!

EDIT: My battery is about dead, so I'm going to need to stop for tonight. Hopefully, this will get you up and running. If not, hopefully one of the other guys will chime in.

Good luck!
    DejaVu

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I even went as far as to root the phone and install a ROM on it, the new operating system works perfectly and everything went smoothly, but just as before, it asks me to select a language, goes back to the home screen for maybe 10-20 seconds, then goes back to asking me to choose a language, everytime I click the language(english or spanish) it acts like it's going to go away but just pops right back up. Even on the new operating system, what could this be this is very annoying. I want to use this phone.

Okay and yeah if I just spam for like 15 minutes selecting a language one after another after another it will eventually give me this error message.

"Sorry! the application setup wizard (process com.android.settings) has stopped unexpedly. Please try again."

The button to press under the message is titled "Force close" I guess meaning I am force closing the setup wizard.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    299 times
    Did you wipe data?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    I cut corners till I break it.
    If I help you break it, I will help you fix it...promise!

99.97% Success Rate
    Devices I have hacked, modded and owned: Original Droid / DX / Fascinate / Charge / TBolt / Razr / Gnex / Xoom / Kindle Fire

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Lol yes I've wiped the data about 3,000 times.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    299 times
    ohhh...bout all I had. lol The only other time I have had force close issues on operating issues like that has been with a bad download or corrupted rom install.

99.97% Success Rate
    Devices I have hacked, modded and owned: Original Droid / DX / Fascinate / Charge / TBolt / Razr / Gnex / Xoom / Kindle Fire

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I can't believe there's no solution for this, this operating system is supposed to be easy to use and completely open source, etc.

When my iPhone messed up I simply re-installed the operating system and the phone worked just fine. This is a crappy first time experience using android.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Quote Originally Posted by brucethomas View Post
    I can't believe there's no solution for this, this operating system is supposed to be easy to use and completely open source, etc.

When my iPhone messed up I simply re-installed the operating system and the phone worked just fine. This is a crappy first time experience using android.
    Not a common problem with Android. None of us have experienced it. Take your phone back to VZW if it isn't rooted.

Tappaty Talk'd

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    299 times
    It is open source..open source code...code is not easy.

99.97% Success Rate

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Well after much much toying with the phone, I have finally got it to an operable condition. I downloaded something called Dl01 or something like that, I think it's an older version of Froyo or Eclair, Like I said I'm new to android sorry. But the phone booted up, didn't ask for a language, I didn't even need to activate the phone to VZW service. I'm scared to update the phone to the current version of Froyo seeing as I don't want the issue to appear again.

Member #
    Liked
    542 times
    DI01 is Eclair. If you want Froyo, you'll need to update. But now that you're rooted, there are ways to do it without using Verizon's OTA updates. Let us know if you want that info.

Tapatalk'd

Ads