Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Member #
    Liked
    27 times

voltage control help

Hey guys! I have been using voltage control with the OTB kernels for awhile now and just the other day after upgrading to evil fascination v3.6 and flashing OTB v1.5 I've noticed that my phone is not running at the settings that I've set it at according to CPUSpy. My settings are:1200 - 251000 - 25800 - 50600 - 50400 - 50200 - 50After noticing this the other day I flashed Otb v1.3 and have been happier with how my phone runs but I'm still getting the same readings from CPUSpy. It's showing that I am using: 1000,800,600,400,200, and deep sleep. I've reset the timers in CPUSpy a couple times. I've changed the scheduler and governor. I've reset the voltage settings in clockwork. Anyone have any more suggestions? Lol thanks everybody!

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    53 times
    Twitter
    Paul_gyver
    Hey D1. Silly q but are you setting as boot? It's been a few weeks since I used vc but can't recall having that problem.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Yea, I apply the changes and then back out and make sure everything is ok and then go back in and save as boot settings. This is the first time I've had this problem and I've never seen anyone else having the issue so I had no idea what to do except wipe everything and reflash everything or Odin back to stock and do everything, and I'm trying to avoid any of that if possible lol

Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Maybe trying resetting voltage settings in Recovery then try setting them in VC again. It might work and save a tear-down.
    Samsung Fascinate ED05: WiFi only Media player

Samsung Charge EP4P - Infinity ROM/EP4D Radio
    Galaxy Tab 7 Plus - Wifi only - No Verizon bloatware

Confusing people one post at a time

Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Ok so I finally broke down last night and wiped data and everything and reflashed evil fascinate, then my theme, then flashed OTB v1.3 kernel and set my voltage settings and reset the timers in CPUSpy and gave it a whole day to do it's thing and I'm still getting readings of deep sleep, 200, 400, 600, 800, & 1000. Is it time to Odin back to stock and start all over? Anyone have any other ideas before i do it? lol Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    This worked for me when I had problems with settings sticking in voltage control (but I was on CommROM)

Use the CWM that comes with the Kernel and the Voltage control app that flashes as part of the ROM. If I'm not sure if EF flashes Voltage Control. If it doesn't, you obviously need to use Voltage control from the market.

On my latest CommROM the Voltage control from the market works fine and it works fine with any CWM.

If you haven't already consider using wipe permissions.
    Samsung Fascinate ED05: WiFi only Media player

Samsung Charge EP4P - Infinity ROM/EP4D Radio
    Galaxy Tab 7 Plus - Wifi only - No Verizon bloatware

Confusing people one post at a time

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Maybe try flashing a different version of otb to get them to stick. V1.6 was by far the most stable version I have used.

Alpha Tappa Lambda

Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    EF doesn't flash voltage control so I just install it from the market. I've wiped everything I could think of except permissions. I've never used that, what permissions does it wipe or what should I expect to notice when I do it? I think it might be time to jump and try out cm7 for a couple days

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    299 times
    Quote Originally Posted by D1L777 View Post
    EF doesn't flash voltage control so I just install it from the market. I've wiped everything I could think of except permissions. I've never used that, what permissions does it wipe or what should I expect to notice when I do it? I think it might be time to jump and try out cm7 for a couple days
    Just a heads up..the kernel that comes with cm7 is not overclocked. It is super fast, but maxes at 1000. There is a link to an overclocked kernel on the cm7 thread though. Just be sure to read the directions as a new recovery is flashed to your phone with this and the 3 finger recovery boot is not going to work. Read and reread...then act.

*** shhhhh...I be tapatalkin ***
    I cut corners till I break it.
    If I help you break it, I will help you fix it...promise!

99.97% Success Rate
    Devices I have hacked, modded and owned: Original Droid / DX / Fascinate / Charge / TBolt / Razr / Gnex / Xoom / Kindle Fire

Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Yea I've been following it fairly closely and reading through all the pages and pages of replies. Now that the deep sleep missing calls issue is worked out I think I can live without MMS. I need to learn how to use ADB first before I do it though. That I do know. I should be using it anyway but I've just been putting it off

Remove Ads

Ads