Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Battery life shortened since update

I only use my fascinate for the basics....text, email, facebook, navigation and occasional web browsing. Ever since the software update my battery runs low much sooner whether I have used my phone a lot during the day or not. What will a factory reset do for me?

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Afternoon Saj,
    the factory reset will erase all data on your phone. Make sure you back up all your contacts and anything else important t to you on the phone.
    The reset is also advised after the update. The reset helps to "realign" everything after the update, kind of helps to get rid of old files and such.

Your memory card will not be affected.
    DejaVu

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks..I will try that. I also noticed my phone was set to checking email and facebook every half hour so I lengthened that as well. We will see how it goes.

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Good idea on the syncing with other apps. I don't use Facebook, so am unfamiliar with what those apps. do. I believe Yahoo mail has been updated to sync very often. Other mail apps can be adjusted to sync with a longer delay (good if you don't get a lot of mail).
    Also keep your screen brightness turned down to a lower setting if you can. Once you get it running longer on the battery, you can brighten up your screen if desired. You can also go into the settings>about phone> battery (I think that is the path) to see what is using up most of your battery life.

Holler if you need!
    Someone is always home... :cool2:
    DejaVu

Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    All discussions of battery life should start with a battery calibration. Anyone's phone can report all kinds of crazy things until you calibrate. It does not have to be complex, like some say to do. Download Battery Calibration and follow the instructions. After that use your phone as normal. No need to do anything to run it down or charge it up. Over the course of the next few charge cycles your battery capacity will increase. Not a lot, but it will increase. Now your battery gauge is accurate and you can really know how much battery you are using.

In general Froyo (Android 2.2) uses more battery than Eclair (Android 2.1) but it should not be a big difference.
    Samsung Fascinate ED05: WiFi only Media player

Samsung Charge EP4P - Infinity ROM/EP4D Radio
    Galaxy Tab 7 Plus - Wifi only - No Verizon bloatware

Confusing people one post at a time

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    any idea why battery gets fat? Does it mean that my cell battery needs to be changed? It was flat for sure when I bought it but not sure what has happened...my battery is not thicker than it used it to be when it was brand new. I bought the cell on 13th may of this year...
    Sincere Regards,
    Max Mott
    New York Cornhole

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    303 times
    Quote Originally Posted by maxmott View Post
    any idea why battery gets fat? Does it mean that my cell battery needs to be changed? It was flat for sure when I bought it but not sure what has happened...my battery is not thicker than it used it to be when it was brand new. I bought the cell on 13th may of this year...
    Matt...I have never heard of anything like that happening before. Is it warped? Extensive heat could warp it...but get fatter?

+1 to ezas for the AP suggestion.

*** shhhhh...I be tapatalkin ***
    I cut corners till I break it.
    If I help you break it, I will help you fix it...promise!

99.97% Success Rate
    Devices I have hacked, modded and owned: Original Droid / DX / Fascinate / Charge / TBolt / Razr / Gnex / Xoom / Kindle Fire

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ezas View Post
    All discussions of battery life should start with a battery calibration. Anyone's phone can report all kinds of crazy things until you calibrate. It does not have to be complex, like some say to do. Download Battery Calibration and follow the instructions. After that use your phone as normal. No need to do anything to run it down or charge it up. Over the course of the next few charge cycles your battery capacity will increase. Not a lot, but it will increase. Now your battery gauge is accurate and you can really know how much battery you are using.

In general Froyo (Android 2.2) uses more battery than Eclair (Android 2.1) but it should not be a big difference.
    Excited to see what this does. Downloading it now. Might not hurt to mention that it requires root to run.
    I have not failed--I've just found 10,000 ways that don't work. -Thomas Edison

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    On Comrom2. 1 with otb 1.6 with heavy use. Unplugged for 12. And showoff battery life says 4 hours left.

what was that? did you hear it too?

Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Zoe,

It's good to run battery calibration about once a month or after flashing a ROM. You can do a google search and find this kind of recommendation for just about any kind of e-gadget that use Li-Ion batteries.

Primarily it keeps your batter gauge accurate. I like the app because it reminds you of what to do and has a little alarm that goes off when you are at 100%
    Samsung Fascinate ED05: WiFi only Media player

Samsung Charge EP4P - Infinity ROM/EP4D Radio
    Galaxy Tab 7 Plus - Wifi only - No Verizon bloatware

Confusing people one post at a time

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads