Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times

*228 Unsuccessful...Not happy person right now.

Hey all...........again.

I have completely had it. I think I simply need a new phone at this point but want to throw out my problem to you wonderful forum peeps before I call and go totally postal on Verizon. Also, because I would have to return to stock and all that stuff again.

EDIT: I have 2 active trouble tickets with Verizon regarding signal issues and the call thing. Have yet to hear back from them. First one was started about 2 1/2 weeks ago.

As many of you know I've been really struggling with my dumb phone recently. I went back to stock (Froyo) then flashed UKG and EC09 (again, thanks for all the help). Sure thought all was good until last evening when I started having problems on calls. Everything else seems to be okay.

I can hear callers, but they can barely hear me and lots of breaking up. I use my phone a lot for my work and had some success on calls by going out into the yard (which is completely ridiculous and unacceptable). Now today...well suffice it to say I cannot make any calls. The program "phone" keeps force closing. I do not have a land line and am *edit* frustrated and *cough, another edit* unhappy.

I tried *228 four diff times today from various locations and always get the message "programming unsuccessful."

So there it is...sigh. More and more, I am wondering what garbage might have been in that update. Or better yet, maybe tons of fascinate phones were secretly pre-programmed to self-destruct around the 10 month mark following its release in an evil conspiracy to make us all buy new ones. (Evil laugh) Lol.
    I have not failed--I've just found 10,000 ways that don't work. -Thomas Edison

2. Ads

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    299 times
    My dad thinks there are alarm flares playing havoc on cell signals. I think it is an alien invasion testing there weapons. Either way, many people on Verizon have had issues the last few days with reception. None have smart phones.

*** shhhhh...I be tapatalkin ***
    I cut corners till I break it.
    If I help you break it, I will help you fix it...promise!

99.97% Success Rate
    Devices I have hacked, modded and owned: Original Droid / DX / Fascinate / Charge / TBolt / Razr / Gnex / Xoom / Kindle Fire

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by buddyfunlove View Post
    My dad thinks there are alarm flares playing havoc on cell signals. I think it is an alien invasion testing there weapons. Either way, many people on Verizon have had issues the last few days with reception. None have smart phones.
    I gonna go with the alien idea. Makes the most sense.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    299 times
    Alarm = solar flares...oddly in auto correct...

99.97% Success Rate
    Devices I have hacked, modded and owned: Original Droid / DX / Fascinate / Charge / TBolt / Razr / Gnex / Xoom / Kindle Fire

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by buddyfunlove View Post
    Alarm = solar flares...oddly in auto correct...

Predictive text results aka auto correct often makes for some interesting wordage. Either way, it's still the aliens, I just know it!

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    So if I call verizon, do you think I could get away with telling them the About Phone info that "should" be there rather than what it actually says. Aka 2.2.1 instead of the actual UKB?

Tapatalk'd from another Galaxy

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Yes probably I called them with eclair and told them I was running froyo and they daid nothing and also I was running when I was running ec09, they did not say anythinh but I won't recomend calling vzw for a phone call issue they will say do this and do that when nothing actually neverworks what the tell you. Whoa' my fingers hurt..

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    Devices I have: LG Vortex<(VZW/Unlocked), Samsung fascinate(VZW/Unlocked), droid X(VZW)/EvDO), and Samsung Galaxy S3 (VZW/LTE)

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    299 times
    Verizon sent an OTA update to bring all fascinates to froyo. I would not tell them anything at all actually...just the issues. If they send you a new phone, you will need to flash to recovery before sending back (if you are rooted).

99.97% Success Rate

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    two weeks is a long time for a TT. I had a tt to check the network in my area. It was complete in three days.But then I called them back on it too. Verizon is not good at getting back to you if everything is fine.Good luck and let us know how it turns out for you.
    DejaVu

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DejaVu View Post
    two weeks is a long time for a TT. I had a tt to check the network in my area. It was complete in three days.But then I called them back on it too. Verizon is not good at getting back to you if everything is fine.Good luck and let us know how it turns out for you.
    Just got off phone with Verizon. There were no notes in the TT but she promised she would follow up on that personally. They still think it's a tower/network issue, which makes zero sense. Wow, I feel so special -or totally hated- to have been singled out by area towers in the midst of 1000's of Verizon customers for this very special treatment. Lol.

I told her I am out of patience and what is happening is unacceptable, so she is also sending a replacement. It should be here Saturday. I'll let you know what happens. I think the tech lady knew I meant business because she kept saying she would personally follow-up with me. She said, "Well, I see you've been with us since 2001 so we definitely want to resolve this for you."

While I appreciated that, the irritated little Zoe in my head was thinking that it shouldn't matter if I've been a customer for 10 yrs, 10 days, or 10 minutes.

Whew, that turned into a bit of a rant...thanks for listening. :sorry:

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads