Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times

Voodoo, Odin and going back to stock

I am getting ready to return to stock...been there, done that so pretty sure it'll go smoothly. Before I start I have a couple questions.

1. I am running UKB 2.1 and wondering if that auto installed Voodoo Lagfix kernel. I don't think so because About Phone shows 2.6.32.9 but I've seen there can be problems doing things on top of the Voodoo Lagfix. How do I know for sure? Even if it's there, can I simply return to stock without worrying about it since I'm not flashing a different kernel? (On a note of silliness, everytime I type UKB, I think of the nefarious KGB - yes, I am weird)

2. I am on a PC that is running XP and when I open Odin 3 v1.83 I cannot see the whole screen. I cannot scroll to see minimize or max screen or "X" to close and had to use "Start" to close it again. Is this a version I need a higher op system to run? I am a mac person and only used Odin on Vista or W7.
    I have not failed--I've just found 10,000 ways that don't work. -Thomas Edison

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    542 times
    Hiya, D! The kernel listed in "About phone" is actually the Linux kernel that the Android OS is based on. The "2.6.32" means that you're on Froyo. (Gingerbread is "2.6.35.") You are more than likely running a voodoo kernel. You can check by going into CWM recovery, but flashing back to stock will overwrite that ... so it's kinda pointless.

As far as not being able to see all of Odin ... what's your computer's screen resolution set at? Can you bump it up?

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Muji, it was on 1024x768 so changed to 600x800 and it didn't seem to make a difference. I know even on IE I have to scroll around to see whole screen, but I have all the options I need to minimize etc.

Member #
    Liked
    542 times
    Bumping up the res would actually be going the other way (1280x1024, if you have it). I thought that might make the whole window fit on the screen. That's the resolution I have on my monitor at work, and that computer is also running XP. No problems with Odin on that setup.

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mujibar View Post
    Bumping up the res would actually be going the other way (1280x1024, if you have it). I thought that might make the whole window fit on the screen. That's the resolution I have on my monitor at work, and that computer is also running XP. No problems with Odin on that setup.
    1024x768 is highest hers offers. She is a sweetheart but hasn't used computers much so her screen is pretty dang old. In fact she just got internet so thought it would be convenient to use hers rather then my other friend. Sigh, if it's not one thing for me, it's another. Lol. Guess I'll play musical computers today.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mujibar View Post
    Hiya, D! The kernel listed in "About phone" is actually the Linux kernel that the Android OS is based on. The "2.6.32" means that you're on Froyo. (Gingerbread is "2.6.35.") You are more than likely running a voodoo kernel. You can check by going into CWM recovery, but flashing back to stock will overwrite that ... so it's kinda pointless.

As far as not being able to see all of Odin ... what's your computer's screen resolution set at? Can you bump it up?
    Wait really? Than I think I returned my phone to verizon wireless with the voodoo kernel... :0

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    Devices I have: LG Vortex<(VZW/Unlocked), Samsung fascinate(VZW/Unlocked), droid X(VZW)/EvDO), and Samsung Galaxy S3 (VZW/LTE)

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jun991013 View Post
    Wait really? Than I think I returned my phone to verizon wireless with the voodoo kernel... :0

Did you return it to stock before you returned it? If you did, then you should be ok from what I understand. As muji said above "You can check by going into CWM recovery, but flashing back to stock will overwrite that ... so it's kinda pointless."

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Yes I did but I think the kernel is voodoo

Devices I have: LG Vortex<(VZW/Unlocked), Samsung fascinate(VZW/Unlocked), droid X(VZW)/EvDO), and Samsung Galaxy S3 (VZW/LTE)

Member #
    Liked
    542 times
    Flashing to stock installs a stock kernel, jun.

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Got it back to stock. Easy-peasy. The only thing I am wondering is the flash set the radio to EB01. Before everything went haywire, it was ED04. Thoughts on if I should flash that or leave EB01 to ship back to Verizon. I ran a check on system updates through phone but it didn't find anything.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads