Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    You will need following:
    Stock-i500-VZW-System.tar http://dl.dropbox.com/u/458252/Odin%...System.tar.md5

Stock-i500-VZW-Recovery.tar http://dl.dropbox.com/u/458252/Odin%...covery.tar.md5

Stock-i500-VZW-pit http://dl.dropbox.com/u/458252/Odin%...00-VZW-pit.pit

Stock-i500-VZW-Kernel.tar http://dl.dropbox.com/u/458252/Odin%...Kernel.tar.md5

odin3 v1.3 http://dl.dropbox.com/u/458252/Odin%...in3%20v1.3.exe

installed Samsung driver on your pc.
    32bit: http://www.wikifilez.com/root%20file...Phones_x86.exe
    64bit: http://www.wikifilez.com/root%20file...alaxyS_x64.zip

1. Turn off your phone, take battery out, press volume down while plugging your phone into pc using USB, and open odin. Make sure odin recognizes your phone on the port(if not, re-install your samsung driver or use another computer).

2. Click pit, find and select Stock-i500-VZW-pit. Click PDA, find and select Stock-i500-VZW-System.tar. Click start. Upon finish, your phone will turn off. Disconnect USB, close and reopen Odin each time. Do the rest of files(kernel and recovery) in the same way, and don't forget to use pit file everytime you flash.

3. When you finish with odin, put battery back in, don't turn your phone on, and be ready for stock recovery. You will open stock recovery manually by holding both volumes at the same time, while holding volumes press and release power button(if you're not going into recovery screen, then you're not doing it right). On blue recovery screen, select wipe data/factory reset (volume to go up and down, power button or home button to execute). It will wipe everything out and restart.
    Rooted/1.1ghz/Nemesis OTB Test6 SV 1100 Kernel
    /DJ05 Stock Deodexed Rom/Blackish Storm DJ05 v07 Theme/Power Mode/CWM Recovery

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    The .tar file i have ends with an additional .md5 will this have any affect on the end product?

And would this "unroot" the phone so to speak?

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    The file should be fine. You will probably loose your root access, but it is easy enough to reroot the phone.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Worked great, everything is up and running! Thanks stranger! =P

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinating_fascination View Post
    Worked great, everything is up and running! Thanks stranger! =P
    you're welcome buddy.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi Juno:: trying to get back to stock, I followed the instructions step by step, and when I boot up I am getting multiple force closes, and somehow it remembered by pattern unlock so maybe something didnt go right. only thing I did to my phone prior was add the su and ran RM on 4-5 apps I didn't want. I used this tool with the Driver, ensured to use pit file when doing the System one, which seemed to go great, then followed up with closing Odin and doing the pit+kernel, closed and re-opened Odin proceeded to do the pit+recovery. I got to the blue screen and completed the step you specified.. started up and here I am tons of error's.. you know whats going on >? lol worried

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    You should have made a nandroid backup. That way all you do is restore your backup and un-root.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Not sure what that is.. I was making a trade with someone.. they wanted "as is" stock. All I had done to it was went through drills in ADB to install Root/SU.. removed a couple Bloat progs, and installed cache cleaner and busy box. Was working fine, so to get back to stock I followed instructions here.. I think my problem is that I did the recovery and kernel and really didn't need to do anything outside of the System one. But I didn't want to take chances and did all 3 (kernel, system, recovery). When my phone starts.. I get a pattern unlock, and everything seems ok.. except correction to previous statement, it doesn't matter what pattern I draw I get an Immediate error, followed by an Eternity of error's that I have to FC. I restarted phone held both the VOL UP+DOWN with PWR and I get the Recovery screen, I selected options to Wipe/& Clear Cache>Restarted Phone. I am back to same thing, all the silly Errors and such. I'm not sure if anyone can help here, but it would be appreciated. If I have to replace this, I am not worried about that, I can easily get a Refurb.... just wondering if that's my only choice at this point??? Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by darktemplarr View Post
    Not sure what that is.. I was making a trade with someone.. they wanted "as is" stock. All I had done to it was went through drills in ADB to install Root/SU.. removed a couple Bloat progs, and installed cache cleaner and busy box. Was working fine, so to get back to stock .....
    Cool...I just got your pm. Everything is taken care of right?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by Juno_Reactor View Post
    Cool...I just got your pm. Everything is taken care of right?
    Yes Sir, Thanks for your eager attempt to assist it is appreciated. I went to the below link and installed that Di01 baseband, which does it all in 1 step. After what I thought I did to my phone this turned out to be very valuable..
    [ODIN] Full DI01 ODIN Package - xda-developers

Ads