Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Phone Number/Contacts help...

Ok, I have a blocked number. So, I have several people in my directory that I added the *82 in front of their number so that my number shows when I call them.

This was how I had to do it with my HTC Droid Eris. Now what I am finding is that regardless of what number I set as default, some people are coming up with the *82 when we are texting...which means, I CAN NOT send texts with the *82.

So, I deleted one friend altogether, cleared all histories and re-created his account, just using his regular phone number. I always save to google, I made sure it was not in google and then I re synced my phone, I even went as far as rebooting it.

When he texts me, his number shows as *82###,###,#### and if I go to reply to his text I can not...this is FRUSTRATING ME! If I want to answer his text I need to enter his number in manually then it will even show it right in my contacts, but once I send it it is automatically placed in the folder (in my text message center) with the number starting with *82.

ANY HELP?

Thanks.
    1st Droid was in November 2009 HTC Eris, other than it having a horrible battery, constantly bogging down, not allowing me to call or receive calls at random times, I loved it!

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Anyone?
    1st Droid was in November 2009 HTC Eris, other than it having a horrible battery, constantly bogging down, not allowing me to call or receive calls at random times, I loved it!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Dont use a blocked number....problem solved.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I guess if you don't know, leave it at that. My line of work haas me calling shady people and they don't need my number. Anyone else?

CR6
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    328 times
    Can't you just dial *67 before each call and block it that way?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    You can. But verizon offers blocked numbers for free. Obviously, no one can answer the original question...

Let me try and simplify this a little more. What I an experiencing now is numbers that used to be saved as *82###-###-#### I have edited to be regular numbers, I deleted all past history, went to google and made sure all contact info was correct, restarted the phone and when they text me, it still comes up with the*82 in front of their number, so I can't reply to their text, I need to start a new text.

Member #
    Liked
    542 times
    I think have an idea. If I'm understanding you correctly, you have all your contact info backed up on Google. What if you cleared all the contacts info on your phone, also cleared the contacts storage data (Settings -> Manage applications -> Applications -> Contacts Storage -> Clear Data), rebooted (just to be safe), and restored your contacts from Google.

Like I said, it's just an idea ... but let me know if you try it & esp. if it works. Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok, I tried that. It didn't work. However, now my facebook sync d contacts are missing. I thought maybe I would just have to go through my contacts and get friends again....when I do that they are missing...

Member #
    Liked
    542 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmerz View Post
    Ok, I tried that. It didn't work. However, now my facebook sync d contacts are missing. I thought maybe I would just have to go through my contacts and get friends again....when I do that they are missing...
    Sorry it didn't work. My experience has been with syncing contacts between DejaOffice on the phone and GroupWise (work PC) & Outlook (home PC).

Remove Ads

Ads