Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Texting settings

Does anyone know whether you're able to set your text settings to automatically correct your words? (ie. if I type I and M that it "knows" that I want to type I'M with the apostrophe)

I was really used to that on my Blackberry, but can't seem to figure out if it will correct that on the Fascinate.

Thanks!

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Sounds like you may be using the SWYPE keyboard... you may consider changing to the Android Keyboard which does have predictive text. To do this you can open a new email or text and long press on any area where text can be entered, a pop-up will appear asking for "Input Method", press this option and then select the option for Android Keyboard. Hope it helps! God Bless!

The Search Feature is your friend...

If you read a helpful post, be sure to click the "Thanks" button on that post to show you appreciated it.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lonzom10 View Post
    Sounds like you may be using the SWYPE keyboard... you may consider changing to the Android Keyboard which does have predictive text. To do this you can open a new email or text and long press on any area where text can be entered, a pop-up will appear asking for "Input Method", press this option and then select the option for Android Keyboard. Hope it helps! God Bless!
    Thanks! I think that I like the keyboard for the swype texting better, but I like the auto fix for the Android keyboard! I guess I'll have to figure out which one I'm willing to settle for!

CR6
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    328 times
    Go into "Applications, than "settings", than "language & keyboard", from there click on "Android keyboard". There you can click on "show suggestions" (display suggested words while typing), "Quick fixes"(corrects commonly typed mistakes) and "Auto complete" (spacebar & punctuation automatically insert highlighted word).

I haven't taken the time to learn swype yet, but checking these options off makes texting much easier while using the keyboard setting.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Settings, Language and Keyboard, Swype, check the box next to word prediction. Scroll down and you will see word choice window, you can adjust that bar to give you more word choices more frequently. I have mine in the middle (default i believe) and when I swype im It predicts I'm at the top for me....

Hope that helps.
    1st Droid was in November 2009 HTC Eris, other than it having a horrible battery, constantly bogging down, not allowing me to call or receive calls at random times, I loved it!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmerz View Post
    Settings, Language and Keyboard, Swype, check the box next to word prediction. Scroll down and you will see word choice window, you can adjust that bar to give you more word choices more frequently. I have mine in the middle (default i believe) and when I swype im It predicts I'm at the top for me....

Hope that helps.
    Thanks. I tried that, but it's still not catching words that use apostrophes. I know it's really not a big deal to take some extra time to add an apostrophe in, but it is nice having it auto correct. I'm trying to get used to typing on the Android keyboard vs the swype keyboard.

Thanks again!

CR6
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    328 times
    It works for me while using the android keyboard. It doesn't automatically correct it for you, but it will give you the option to choose a word in a line directly under where you're typing your text message. Say you're typing "it's" and you want to add the apostrophe, as you type -it-, directly beneath it it will give you a number of word options, such as "It, it's, its, itself, items, it'll" etc. As you're typing and you see those word options come up, just tap on the word you want, in this case "it's", and it'll insert that word for you and you can continue typing. Hope that helps.

What I don't like is there's no way to save texts in seperate folders.

Member #
    Liked
    542 times
    For Swype, I've found that you can actually "teach" it to remember certain patterns per the following:

1. Manually type in whatever word you want it to ultimately enter (e.g., "Muji")
    2. Delete the word
    3. Swype the pattern for that word
    4. Voilá! That word will be entered every time you use that particular Swype pattern!

Remove Ads

Ads