Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Member #
    Liked
    542 times

Notifications on vibrate?

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, but am I SUPPOSED to not get any indication of a new message/email when my phone is set to vibrate?

I leave the thing on vibrate when I'm at work & I find myself periodically hitting the power button to activate the screen just to see if I've gotten anything new. I know there's no LED indicator (separate issue) but to not have it even VIBRATE? This is a tad annoying, to be honest.

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I leave my phone on vibrate all the time. My phone vibrates anytime an email, text or phone call comes in. If you go into each of your email accounts and select setting, you will see a checkbox for Vibrate for each of them. Make sure this is checked for each account and see if that helps.

The Search Feature is your friend...

If you read a helpful post, be sure to click the "Thanks" button on that post to show you appreciated it.

Member #
    Liked
    542 times
    The phone is set to vibrate for calls & texts but I get NOTHING when the ringer is set on vibrate. I don't relish the thought of another factory reset. Think I should take it in to the VZ store?

CR6
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    328 times
    Mine works too, although if I'm busy or on the phone I will miss it. It's not a very strong vibrate in my opinion. At least not compared to my last phone which would vibrate itself right off the desk.
    If you haven't yet downloaded it.....I would highly suggest downloading NoLED. It's free and it works great! Check it out if you get a chance.

Member #
    Liked
    542 times
    Yeah, I've been meaning to try NoLED but just haven't gotten around to it yet. But it REALLY bothers me that the phone isn't vibrating when it's supposed to. Maybe it is time to take a trip to the VZ store. [shudder]

UPDATE: Just turned on the vibrate feature for new emails and sent myself a test message from work. It vibrated, but maybe I only noticed it because it was sitting directly on my desk & not on a pile of papers. Have to agree w/ CR that it's not a very strong vibration. Maybe Samsung will take care of this in a future software update?

Member #
    Liked
    542 times
    Well, I finally installed NoLED. Don't know WHAT I was waiting for! Seems to work pretty well. I like the different icons for different notifications.

I think the issue I was having with the phone "not vibrating" is that I simply wasn't noticing it. I did hear the vibrate when I had it sitting on a hard surface (i.e., my desk) instead of the pile of papers it's usually on. (It's still the weakest vibrate I've ever had on a phone, though.)

CR6
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    328 times
    "(It's still the weakest vibrate I've ever had on a phone, though.) "

I agree, I've never had a phone with a vibrate this week either! Glad you like the NoLED app, it's definately one of my top 5 apps.

Member #
    Liked
    542 times
    Yeah, thanks! I'm sure it'll be indispensable with this particular phone. Definitely in my top 5, along with a good file manager like Astro.

Remove Ads

Ads