Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Angry *OHMYLANTA!* Comcast IS going to be the death of me! (And K9 Mail app questions)

So, some of you know of my ongoing frustrations with my Comcast email on the Fassy. I finally just forwarded all of my Comcast mail to Gmail and called it done.

Until today.

Most of my internet accounts use my Comcast address, and today I got an email from Amazon that a Kindle book I ordered had defective formatting and Amazon would replace the book for free, but I needed to reply to their email to acknowledge receipt and to have the new book sent. So I did. Well, obviously it went with the Gmail return address, which Amazon did not recognize, so they said sorry, no can do!!!

Weeeelll, that left me up the creek without any paddles, because there was no way I could reply to their email with the Comcast return address showing up; even if I undid the Gmail forwarding, the problem with the friggin' Comcast account on the phone is that it won't SEND messages!!!

So, I unforwarded the Gmail thing, then sent the Amazon mail from Gmail to Comcast's Inbox on my PC and re-replied to Amazon from there. We'll see if that works and if it satisfies Amazon. But, really???! Talk about convoluted!!! OHMYWORD!!! Was there an easier way???!!

Soooo then I decided to download the K9 Mail app and try to do the bloody Comcast account through that. Set-up seemed to go fine, and it is receiving mail OK. BUT, K9 says "syncing disabled", and I'm not sure what that means, and if I should change it? (Can't see where or how to do that?) AND, catch this!!! The Comcast mail STILL won't send!!! It just sits in the K9 Outbox, and I get this message:

FAILED TO SEND SOME MESSAGES
    421 omta16.westchester.pa.mail.com

Apparently, I am doomed to languish forever in Comcast Purgatory!!! Anyone with any advice?!!!

Thank you!!!

2. Ads

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    299 times
    Well...we have established comcast sucks...lol Look in your account setting in settings, see if sync is enabled for k9. If it is, uncheck it and check again.
    I cut corners till I break it.
    If I help you break it, I will help you fix it...promise!

99.97% Success Rate
    Devices I have hacked, modded and owned: Original Droid / DX / Fascinate / Charge / TBolt / Razr / Gnex / Xoom / Kindle Fire

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by buddyfunlove View Post
    Well...we have established comcast sucks...lol Look in your account setting in settings, see if sync is enabled for k9. If it is, uncheck it and check again.
    Thanks, BFF BFL!!! OK, where do you want me to go? I am in the K9 Mail App under Settings and don't see any options for sync. ???!

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    299 times
    no no...should be under settings on your home screen..THE settings. Go to accounts there...and your google account, facebook, etc should be there. K9 should also be there since it is a synced ap.
    I cut corners till I break it.
    If I help you break it, I will help you fix it...promise!

99.97% Success Rate
    Devices I have hacked, modded and owned: Original Droid / DX / Fascinate / Charge / TBolt / Razr / Gnex / Xoom / Kindle Fire

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by buddyfunlove View Post
    no no...should be under settings on your home screen..THE settings. Go to accounts there...and your google account, facebook, etc should be there. K9 should also be there since it is a synced ap.
    OK, gotcha... but K9's not there. The other mail accounts are, though... all lined up in a neat little column, sweetly saying, "Sync ON"!!! GAH!

There is an "Add account" button, should I try that???!

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Tisk, when in K9, go to
    More> settings> account settings
    Look under"fetch mail" see what that is set too.
    DejaVu

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DejaVu View Post
    Tisk, when in K9, go to
    More> settings> account settings
    Look under"fetch mail" see what that is set too.
    Thanks, Dej... OK... Under Fetching Mail I have these options that mention SYNC: SYNC MESSAGES FROM ("any time, no limit" is selected) and SYNC SERVER DELETIONS ("Remove Messages When Deleted on Server" is checked).

No other mention of syncing, or anything else that seems relevant. Aye yi yi!!!!

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Hello Tisk.From fetching messages, change the poll frequency.It is most likely on "never"That should fix you up Let me know!
    DejaVu

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DejaVu View Post
    Hello Tisk.From fetching messages, change the poll frequency.It is most likely on "never"That should fix you up Let me know!
    Oh Dej, thanks! And *cheek smooch!!!* ;o)

That setting WAS on "never". I changed it to "every hour". (Is that what you'd recommend? I have no idea!) And whattheheck is POLLING, anyway???!

Member #
    Liked
    542 times
    Polling is how often the app checks the servers for new email.

Tapatalk'd

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads