Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Twitter
    George_Austin

Incorrect location in Gallery (in TW-based ROMs?)

This is more or less a reiteration of an unanswered thread over at XDA-Developers. At least I've finally managed to find someone with a similar (if not identical) problem using a stock phone, which means the issue is related to the TouchWiz Camera and/or Gallery applications (assuming I'm right in thinking that both of those are by Samsung).

Anyway, The Gallery app displays "Ecuador - Colombia" as the location subtitle to my Camera folder. I can see no reason inherent to the files themselves for this error. When I examine the EXIF tags of pictures taken with my phone, they are correctly tagged with latitude and longitude information that corresponds with the location they were taken at.

Images without GPS information correctly display "location unknown" when examined on my phone.

The Gallery application seems unable to read latitude and longitude tags. Or at least if refuses to display this information when I tap "details," instead saying that these values are unknown. My phone populates the "Location" field of the "details" pop-up with false information: "Sucumbíos Province, Sucumbíos Province" for photos taken in Washington DC, Virginia, and North Carolina, and "Puerto Leguizamo, Putumayo Dept, Puerto Leguizamo" for photos taken just a few hundred feet away from some of the others in NC.

I first noticed this problem using Evil Fascination 3.6.0, it persisted when I installed ComRom2.0 and 2.1. As near as I can remember, the photos were taken using the stock ED01 Froyo, Deboated/Debinged ED01, and maybe Eclair, too, but I don't think so.

Any ideas about what's happening?

George
    Last edited by Zoatebix; 07-30-2011 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Clarity in paragraph 4

2. Ads

CR6
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    336 times
    Welcome to the forum George!
    Hopefully one of our guys has an answer or suggestion for you.
    Good luck!

tap'n

"Guidelines of Conduct" for Galaxyforums.net

Any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to PM me.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I think the problem is with the GPS since it dosent work well. Or mabye You did not check google location services or when you first started the camara app. you did not push ok to store your information? IF thats the problem go to mange applications and wipe the data only for the app!! (camara) or if its a gps thing download GPSstatus point your phone at the sky (outside!!) and wait for to connect.( green dots in your radar) then take a pic...
    Last option call verizon and say taht your gps sucks and tell them the galery problem. If you want a fassy replacement. just go on with what they say or ask them for it. if you want another phone ask them for anpther replacement you will probobly get a phone like the droid x or charge...
    AHH!! MY fingers!! there are burning!
    Devices I have: LG Vortex<(VZW/Unlocked), Samsung fascinate(VZW/Unlocked), droid X(VZW)/EvDO), and Samsung Galaxy S3 (VZW/LTE)

Remove Ads

Ads