Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Question Email list keeps resetting to the top of the list

Hi, I can't find any reference to this problem, but it's been bothering me for weeks!

I'd like to be able to review my emails and delete the ones I don't choose to read, based on the title. My Samsung Fascinate lets me review what's on the screen, but when I scroll down to review/select more messages to delete (or to move to a folder), it will reset back to the top of the screen.

All my selected messages are still selected, so that's good, but I have to find my place again, and boom! it resets to the top.

Keeping my finger on the phone will prevent it from resetting to the top - I assume the thumbbar will do the same. However, when I remove my finger to select a message, it often resets before I get to the checkbox. The timing seems a little random, I may have a second to select the message - I may have no time at all.

When the list is alphabetical, it sometimes works better, but today it was resetting to the top almost as often as when the email list is in date order.

Note that my "working" circle is always "working", that is, the circle at the top right of the email banner is constantly moving. I thought this meant my phone is constantly checking for new email, but I can't figure out a way to stop this, either.

I realize I should be smarter about using my inbox, and maybe this is the phone's way of "mentoring" me. But isn't there some way to review my messages without this happening?

Thanks,
    Mary

2. Ads

Remove Ads

Ads