Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

no noise cancelling microphone?

has anyone noticed this phone does not have a noise cancelling microphone? in the past few weeks people on the other end of a conversation have complained about background noise when i am in a noisy environment like our computer room. Is there anyway to rectify this, short of getting a bluetooth headset? Is this something that can be fixed by samsung or froyo?

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    549 times
    There is no dedicated noise-canceling mic on this phone. I know the Droid X has 3 microphones but the Fassy has just the one. That's a hardware thing, not something that can be "fixed" with a software update.

CR6
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    347 times
    That was one of the "pros" I really liked about the DX when I was trying to decide between the two. But I figured my past cell phones didn't have 3 mics and they all worked well, so it wasn't a deal breaker for me. While it would be nice to have that feature, I haven't had anyone complain yet about background noise. I guess your only real option here would be to find a decent Bluetooth headset with noise cancelling capabilities.

Member #
    Liked
    549 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CR6 View Post
    I guess your only real option here would be to find a decent Bluetooth headset with noise cancelling capabilities.
    And if that's something you're seriously considering, may I recommend the Plantronics Voyager Pro? It's my current headset (I've owned quite a few) and the noise canceling is quite good. I've used it in a car with an open sunroof (yes, the car was moving at highway speed) and the person on the other end could hear me clearly.

Remove Ads

Ads