Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Cant download/or install any apps

ok after trying everything, I here to say my fascinate after a nandroid restore and odin restore I finally get phone back together and in want restore any of my app and will not let me download any says theres no more room!!!!!!!!!1
    Help please!!!
    Fascinate magic 0.2/dirrks 1.25 kernel

Droid X rubiX 1.0/OC at 1.45

follow me on twitter @3083joe
    www.twitter.com/3083joe

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    This will occur when a voodoo kernel is not uninstalled properly. Sometimes even when you think that it is uninstalled correctly it actually is not. Unfortunately there is only one solution that I know of to fix this.
    Follow the instructions found here. I have not had any luck with the automatic uninstaller mentioned in that post, but the manual instructions work perfectly. Don't forget to do the data wipes in the final 2 steps, it will not work properly without doing this.

You may also want to try to reinstall the voodoo kernel and then try to uninstall again. At this point you don't have much to lose, because following the manual removal process will delete all of your data and user installed apps.

If you have any questions let me know and I will try to talk you through it.

Just some background for why this has happend. When you install a voodoo kernel it changes the file structure, when it is uninstalled it will change it back to stock file structure. If this is not done and the voodoo kernel is removed the standard kernel cannot write to the new file structure and therefore it gives you the error that you are out of room.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I'm having some kind of problem downloading apps now too. The last app I downloaded was the Dolphin Browser (which I just uninstalled because I don't like it). I downloaded it about 20 minutes ago and uninstalled it about 3 minutes ago.

Anyways, I've just tried to download the photobucket app (and actually several more to see if photobucket was the only app giving me problems) and unfortunately, I cannot download apps at all.

I've rebooted my phone, went online with my browser, sent out emails, weather bug is producing updates and I can still receive texts so I'm not really sure why I'm not able to download apps when I can do all of this other stuff.

My phone is plugged into a socket and I verified that I'm not in airplane mode.

I guess others are having this problem too? See page 2 here >> Can't download from Android Market - Android Forums << ... I also tried clearing the cache, and I don't want to uninstall the market because I don't know where to download it again. I also don't know how to uninstall any updates that Market may have done if that's a cause of the problem. I've downloaded quite a few apps already, but searching through google to find a fix to my problem most people suggest having WiFi active. Since I was able to download before without WiFi why should I get WiFi for app downloading? Will this work if I don't have a WiFi account? I have never used WiFi before so please forgive the dumb question. I'm actually thinking of getting WiFi so I can play games online with my PS3, but that's another story.

Is this information helpful to solve my issue? This app-addict needs help!

Thanks...
    The Following User Says Thank You to soccerdon1981 For This Useful Post:
    Error414: No Useful Post Found

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I think I found my problem???

Android Market: “Download unsuccessful” Error Fix

I followed this to the T and then restarted after clearing the data & cache for each item listed. This didn't work (at first), and then I started playing a game and about 5 minutes later - holy smokes ... I got this notification "download successful". Totally freaking weird and I have no idea what happened. Do I care? Not really...I can continue to download apps! Woo hoo!

*EDIT / UPDATE*

Yeah, it worked for ONE app and now I'm back to the problem I was having. Uggghhhh!!! I don't want to have to clear my data/cache every single time I want to download an app. Help me please....

Member #
    Liked
    542 times
    @soccerdon

I was having issues with downloading apps, too. I noticed you referenced the same site I found my solution on. I discovered that the Technipages solution left out a tiny bit of the process.

Check out this thread where I detailed my problem and its ultimate resolution. Take a look at step #8 of what I outlined in post #8. Try it again and let me know if it works for you.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Zing!! As soon as I finished step 8, my downloads started automatically and finished without a problem! You are the best! Thank you!

Oh, and it's working for other app downloads too. Not just for the ones that failed previously. I'll +1 you when I'm not mobile. Thanks again!

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate via Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    542 times

Sweet!! Glad it worked for you.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you very much. Was on my 3d phone in as many days.1st phone worked great except camera. Verizon sent new one, no app download. On phone for about 11/2 hr. with support, finally sent another same problem, on phone again for over an hr. with support again. Nothing worked. Went back to the 1st phone wiped it and camera started to work, apps downloaded, so happy. Later tried again, for the 1st time on this phone got the error uns download. Ready the burn all 3 of the phones in front of me. Fate found this site for me. Followed all 8 steps, and the phone I loved is back to itself. Thank you, thank you!

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Glad you got it worked out. I think that most of the time you will find this and other sites more helpful than the VZ tech support. They just don't know this phone and operating system as well as most of us here do. On the other hand they know alot more about ALL of their other phones than I do, because I don't have one.

Member #
    Liked
    542 times
    Good point, Sele. VZ techs may have an impressive breadth of knowledge, but we play with the same phone a heckuva lot more than they do. The expertise around here runs pretty deep.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads