Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Screen locks while on a call

The one most irritating thing with my fascinate is that the screen locks while on a call and you have to unlock the screen to hang up. Is there some way to prevent this?

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    541 times
    Nope. The only way I've gotten around that is to use a headset. When you hang up on the headset, it ends the call. Of course, the screen still has to be unlocked if you want to do anything on the phone.

You can change the screen timeout length under Settings -> Sound & display -> Screen timeout. That won't change the black screen behavior but it will give you more active screen time if you want.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    My screen doesn't lock. When I'm done with phone calls, I don't have to move the puzzle piece.

Or are you guys talking about the pattern?? I don't have that set on my phone, so maybe that's why when I'm done with phone calls I can continue with my previous activity.

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate via Tapatalk
    The Following User Says Thank You to soccerdon1981 For This Useful Post:
    Error414: No Useful Post Found

Member #
    Liked
    541 times
    No, I wasn't talking about the unlock pattern. I'm really surprised your screen doesn't lock at all. I thought that was default behavior. Maybe there's a setting I missed....

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hmmm...I don't know, but all I have to do while I'm on a call or done with a call is press the home or back buttons so I can continue playing with my phone.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    mine and my wife's doesn't lock either. Matter of fact, that is a complaint of hers. It goes to black if she keeps it steady against her face while talking, but as soon as she moves the phone a little, the screen comes on (no puzzle piece, etc.). She has accidentally pressed mute and/or hung up on calls several times b/c her cheek touched something on the phone. Is there anyway to choose the lock option when you're talking on the phone? I've checked the settings, but didn't see an option, hopefully i just missed it.

Member #
    Liked
    541 times
    I think we might be talking about two different things here. What I understand uidb5259 to be saying is that on a call that's long enough in duration, the screen locks and you have to unlock it when the call is over in order to hang up (provided that the other party doesn't hang up first). I've had this happen on long phone calls.

If you're using the speaker or a headset while on a call, you can use the back & home buttons to access other phone functions. I find this rather helpful if I need to look up some info (like someone else's phone # or email address) while on a call. As far as the screen going to black while the phone is up to your ear, that was done purposely so you don't accidentally hit a button while talking to someone. The screen activates when you pull the phone far enough away from your face. (Haven't had it happen when I simply readjust or jiggle the phone.)

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Ahhh...I will try that today to see if it locks on me....no speaker phone this time. Thanks for the clarification.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    294 times
    I know the "screen lock" issue was something that irritated me the first couple times it happened. I thought, how could a smartphone like this be so dumb. Evidently it's not happening to everyone, so maybe it's the "operator" in my case! Usually if I know I'll be on the phone for awhile I'll use my bluetooth anyways so it's not that big a deal, but it's still irritating nevertheless. If someone figures out a solution to this problem, aside from raising the time-out to 30 minutes, do share your secret!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok, the problem that I am hearing is the same issue I am having. This is only for people using the security screen lock. Depending if I'm home or work I toggle between lock modes. When the lock mode is on and you get a call the screen will lock while on the call which is a pain. My droid eris did not do this. I'm sure this is a samsung flaw. I wish there were a fix.
    1st Droid was in November 2009 HTC Eris, other than it having a horrible battery, constantly bogging down, not allowing me to call or receive calls at random times, I loved it!

Ads