Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Odin doesn't detect my phone

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Odin doesn't detect my phone

Hi everyone,

I have a samsung fascinate that has recently been having a lot of issues so I have decided I want to root my phone and flash a new mod. I already rooted my phone without a problem but now I can't flash it. From what I have read, 3e will not let me update.zip files for cwm and I have to use Odin to get this to work correctly and install a ROM. My problem now is that Odin doesn't detect my phone at all.

I searched the forum and it seems most people are advised to install the drivers and make sure they are in download mode. I have already done both. I have the samsung drivers and I am definitely in download mode on my phone. Anyone know why my phone isn't showing up in Odin?

2. Ads

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    485 times
    Let see what we can do for you.

How did you root? I assume super one click since you said Odin wont recognize your phone.

Are you using the stock cable for the phone, and are you plugged into a USB port that is connected to your motherboard?

Rescue Squad

Feel free to pm, with any questions or concerns

Gtalk available upon request

Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    I had this problem and changed USB cables, for some reason one that I have is not recognized. Simple thing, but it fixed the problem. It may be worth a shot. As soon as I plugged the other one in, it did fine.

My cable was working fine and then stopped....Good luck.

Droid Razr

Fascinate history
    [ICS][ITL41D] Teamhacksung's ICS Port for Fascinate (BUILD 3)
    Stock, Evil Fasscinate 3.6, Powerwash Gingerbread, Vanilla Gingerbread, CM7, Miui, OMFGB

Member #
    Liked
    542 times
    +1 to that. These phones for the most part do not like anything but the stock cable for data transfer.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi all. I'm having the same issues as the OP. I bought my Fascinate off ebay and it was shipped with an LG cable. Decided to purchase what I thought was an original Samsung charger off Amazon. The USB cable that came bundled with the charger's part # is ECC1DU2BBE. However, my computer will not recognize my phone with either the LG or Samsung cable. I've installed the samsung drivers on both a laptop with XP and one with Windows 7. I have tried almost everything and am wondering if it's the cable.

I noticed on amazon and on the samsung site that there was another USB cable part # APCBU10BBE. Could this be the problem? Is this the cable that came with the Fascinate? Would like to get thoughts before I waste a few bucks on a cable I may not need. Any help would be appreciated.

Member #
    Liked
    53 times
    Twitter
    Paul_gyver
    Our fascinates are very finicky about what usb cables are used. This being said there are times when non samsung cables run just fine for some people. Before you buy another cable you might want to try re downloading the drivers and also odin. When you plug the usb to pc with phone on does it detect your phone?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have downloaded the correct driver file directly from the Samsung site and have done an install and reinstall of the drivers on 2 different computers. When I plug the phone in I get a "Usb device not recognized". I've even gone into the device driver settings to try and update the drivers but it doesn't find anything but say that the default windows USB driver is the best file. I've tried all the USB ports on both computers as well. I'm really stumped.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    485 times
    How old is your computer.

Rescue Squad

Feel free to pm, with any questions or concerns

Gtalk available upon request

Member #
    Liked
    542 times
    Sounds like you need a USB cable that you know for sure is Samsung OEM. I've gotten mine from AccessoryGeeks.com. They've worked very well. I believe they're currently on sale, too.

Tapatalk'd

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    The computer running XP is only 3 years old. The one running Win 7 is only a couple months old.

It looks like I may just spend a few bucks more after all and try and get a cable that's definitely Samsung OEM. Thanks.

Ads