Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Odin doesn't detect

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Odin doesn't detect

I am on EvilFascination 3.6 and I have been since July. It worked for me and I liked it alot. But I decided it was time for something new. I never needed to plug in my phone for anything, but when I did it was to charge and I never noticed when my laptop stopped detecting. I bought a new data cable because my phone wouldn't go into usb mode. It goes into mass storage mode and usb debugging mode now. My sd card is still good since I recently FTPed stuff off of it(if I need to put a new ROM on the car I can do it this way). I have CWM 3.0.0.8, and I can get into download mode. My computer does not detect it as a drive, nor does Odin pick it up. Also I tried Heimdall, but all it found for devices was my webcam. I need help so I can get on AOKP 33. If you need to know anything else, I'll be watching for a while and happy to answer. Please help and thank you!

2. Ads

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Is the data cable you bought a Samsung? These phones can be very picky about using cables other than the original.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    No. I went to Verizon and asked the lady if she knew any cables that would be the same as the OEM cable, and she only said that as long as it said "Data cable" on it I would be fine. I didn't want to order one or spend nearly thirty dollars for one from Verizon. Where is a cheap one if that is the problem?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Could we(just for now) pretend it is not the cable and troubleshoot from there? I will be getting one soon and I'd rather try and solve the problem prior to that(unless it is the cable). But either way lets pretend it isn't the cable please.
    Last edited by circaoffire; 04-22-2012 at 02:41 PM.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    253 times
    It is possible that your drivers for the phone are missing or corrupted on your PC. Try reinstalling them.

You can also try to run Odin as administrator by right clicking the exe file and selecting run as administrator.

Also, Samsung Kies cannot be running on your pc either.

It would seem that if Heimdall and Odin cannot see your phone one of two things is wrong...the cable or the drivers.
    UltraDroid likes this.
    Living dangerously, to me, is eating spaghetti with a white shirt on.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I tried a Samsung cable. Booted into Download mode, but still no detection by Odin or Heimdall... I had been on THS build one. Then i went to AOKP 33 to try it and decided to go back to Teamhacksung, but something went wrong(i had Icy Glitch kernel v14). (I had been using ftp to get the files on sd card) Now it boots to Samsung flashes black and boots again to samsung and flashes; an infinite loop. I can't Odin anything. Iv'e tried several cables, all ports, 3 computers, reinstalling drivers, and I on't have Samsung Kies. I believe I have myself a nice looking...paperweight.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    485 times
    Well we can try a trick I use to get out of boot loops. You must be able to boot into recovery, and have everything still mount properly. It involves flashing cm7 twice to knock out the boot loop.

Don't try 3 fingering yet, just in case the second time it doesn't mount right.

If you can get files on your sdcard. We can try if you would like

Rescue Squad

Feel free to pm, with any questions or concerns

Gtalk available upon request

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I can't boot into recovery.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    485 times
    Cm7 112- put on sdcard.
    http://db.tt/03k11M28

3 finger into recovery. If you have no mounting errors, then wipe data/cache/dalvik and flash cm7. It will now do one of 2 things.

A.(most likely to happen) it will kick you back to a older recovery after stopping a few seconds into the "checking bml/mtd" if this happens. Wipe all three and flash cm7 again. If it doesn't automatically reboot, go ahead and reboot it from the menu.

B.(happens very rarely) after flashing cm7 it will boot into cm7.

So either "a" or "b" will happen. Once your booted into cm7 you can try Odin again. Or boot into recovery and flash build 2 of ths. Reboot the phone then power back to recovery and flash the newest aokp.

Rescue Squad

Feel free to pm, with any questions or concerns

Gtalk available upon request

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnie8890 View Post
    Cm7 112- put on sdcard.
    http://db.tt/03k11M28

3 finger into recovery. If you have no mounting errors, then wipe data/cache/dalvik and flash cm7. It will now do one of 2 things.

A.(most likely to happen) it will kick you back to a older recovery after stopping a few seconds into the "checking bml/mtd" if this happens. Wipe all three and flash cm7 again. If it doesn't automatically reboot, go ahead and reboot it from the menu.

B.(happens very rarely) after flashing cm7 it will boot into cm7.

So either "a" or "b" will happen. Once your booted into cm7 you can try Odin again. Or boot into recovery and flash build 2 of ths. Reboot the phone then power back to recovery and flash the newest aokp.
    I can't 3 finger into recovery. The phone just turns onto SAMSUNG, then does the same thing as when i try and turn it on regularly; just boot loops.
    Last edited by circaoffire; 04-25-2012 at 08:12 PM.

Ads