Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

force close, force close, force close, and force close again

Alright, this is my first post here. I have a Samsung Fascinate, obviously, since I'm here. I got the insurance plan, so I could take it back, but I'm more interested in fixing it.
    Well, about a month ago I noticed that whenever I made or recieved a call, once I hung up my media player popped up in the background, showing in the notifications bar. I can pull it down and exit, but it's obnoxious.
    I tried battery pulls and resets, but nothing worked.
    So, after talking to my coworkers at Best Buy I took their advice and did a full wipe. You know, with the whole pressing down the volume button and the lock button and selecting "wipe data/factory reset", confirming, then selecting "reboot system now".
    Once it restarts, the original wallpaper is up and I unlock the phone. I get two "Sorry!" pop ups. The top one says "Sorry! The process android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. [Force close]". I press force close to try to see the other one, but it pops back up. I've gone so far as to press force close about 20 times.
    I know the one that is on the bottom says something about My Uploads not working and give the force close option, but i cant see it long enough to actually try to force close that one.
    In the background of the force closes it says "select language, English, Espanol".
    I have no idea what's going on. I've tried doing multiple reboots/resets/battery pulls, but it hasn't worked yet.
    Any help would be appreciated. I'm not so concerned about the music player/phone call problem anymore, just getting the force closes to go away.

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    548 times
    First off, welcome to the forums! I'm sorry your first post had to be due to such an annoying issue.

I'll admit that I haven't heard of a problem quite like this one. I don't mean this to sound trite but are you within your 30-day return window? That might be the simplest approach to solving this one.

Sent from my Fascinate via Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    So my question would be did you root your phone, install any kernels or custom roms?
    Sent from my Apple iPad running Froyo.

Member #
    Liked
    548 times
    And while we're asking what (if anything) you installed, are you running any task killer apps?

Sent from my Fascinate via Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    If you have not rooted it sounds like some file has gotten corrupted. I would try loading the original files using odin. This would fully restore your phone back to original status. If that doesn't work then you will probably have to return the phone.

Sent from my Fascinate.

CR6
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    346 times
    Welcome to the forum Rachelnmusil! Sorry to hear you're having such a difficult time. Hopefully someone here can steer you in the right direction, but if not your best bet may be to just exchange it for a new one.
    Good luck & let us know how it turns out.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm having a similar issue with my phone. What happened to me: I was uploading about 20-something pictures to Picasa. Then I paused the uploads, and removed my microSD card. That caused problems. Even after I put back the card I still get the "My Uploads" force close. I'm taking a wild guess and guessing it's due to something on our microSD card, esp since you're still getting the error after you did a full wipe.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    im having the same issue. i was rooted and i did a data wipe and i got these force close pop ups one on top of another. i did a reset in odin 5 times now and 10 data wipes but that is not fixing the problem. also this happened after the update came out on the tenth. i called verizon and they are sending a new phone. should be here tomorrow.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Welcome to the site posterpro. As questioned above do you have a task killer?

Remove Ads

Ads