Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Wifi problems after wireless tethering

While in my home, I successfully loaded Barnacle Legacy and was able to use my phone as a wireless hotspot to connect my laptop! BUT... When I disconnected I had a problem

My phone and my laptop wouldn't connect (via wifi) to my home wireless router. I rebooted the phone and laptop without success. Only by resetting the router (power down, then up) could I connect. Any thoughts on what Barnacle Legacy did to cause this (and a solution)

thanks

rooted; launcher pro; barnacle legacy

p.s. tried "wireless tether" app with similar result?

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    That is strange, I use Barnacle Legacy on my phone at home to serve as my wifi in the house. I connect my laptop to it without any issues. When I'm at work, I turn on the wifi on my phone and connect to my work network without any issues connecting. When you are using the Barnacle is the wifi on your phone disabled? I just verified that mine works regardless of whether wifi is on/off on the phone, so I'm not sure. Are you using any kind of security settings on the Barnacle? Don't know if that might have an effect or not.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sele View Post
    That is strange, I use Barnacle Legacy on my phone at home to serve as my wifi in the house. I connect my laptop to it without any issues. When I'm at work, I turn on the wifi on my phone and connect to my work network without any issues connecting. When you are using the Barnacle is the wifi on your phone disabled? I just verified that mine works regardless of whether wifi is on/off on the phone, so I'm not sure. Are you using any kind of security settings on the Barnacle? Don't know if that might have an effect or not.
    I hadn't yet set up security for Barnacle, but use WEP security for my home wifi network...When I get a chance I think I'll try to tether my laptop to my phone at home using Barnacle while the phone is connected to my home wifi network, just to see if that changes anything...

Remove Ads

Ads