Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I had a problem like the one billat908 had with a different Samsung phone. It seemed that the phone did not want to go back to "internal antenna" once unplugged. Verizon switched that phone, and I never had a problem after that.

I would try it again- assuming the phone is under warranty.

By the way.. My adapter came in the mail today. I'll try it out when I get time.

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Please forgive me--I have a Motorola Barrage phone--haven't tried Samsung yet. I use Verizon cell phone service, in the mountains of Colorado, and FOR YEARS, I have been looking for cell phones with external antenna ports.

Verizon people told me (a few years ago) that if I were to try to use the port that was under the rubber plug (in previous Verizon phones of various brands that I have owned), that it would somehow RUIN the internal antenna, and by golly, they were right. The external antenna connector, when pushed into the "port", seemed to break something that was apparently quite fragile. I would bet that's why others have had this problem, that when they removed the external antenna connector, their phones didn't want to go back to using the internal antenna!

I asked Verizon people WHY there were these ports that could be seen under the rubber plugs, if not for use with an external antenna. Their answer (again, a few years ago), was that when the phones were being "bench tested" by Verizon tech people, before being sold, that those ports would be used by the tech folks. Not being a techy, that was over my head.

I really don't know why cell phone companies & service companies like Verizon are so much against letting us be able to make calls in "iffy" signal areas. Is it that they want our money, but that they don't want to give us full service?? Does anyone have an answer?

I eventually did buy a Wilson external mag mount antenna (3 db gain, I think), for top dead center of roof of my car, and used it with Wilson's "booster". I had to use the dreaded velcro "attachment", and hurt my fingers pressing that velcro into the area near the antenna, on the back of the phone, to try to get it closer to the actual internal antenna. Hard to simultaneously drive and push that velcro into the back of the phone! But, it did increase my signal enough to let me make calls in areas that I previously couldn't get any signal in (parts of Berthoud Pass, for example).

This is a nice forum, and may convince me to try a Samsung eventually. I appreciate everyone's helpfulness to eachother.

Carol in Colorado (mountaingal)

Ads