Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Missing Option: Send to Voicemail

I have read in the faq tips section that telemarketers can be sentdirectly to voicemail. I don't see that option on my fascinate, though. I use google voice if that makes a difference. Anyone know about this?

Thanks,
    ~ syris...

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    548 times
    When a call comes in that you don't want to answer, you can hit "Ignore" and it will be sent to voicemail.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Yes, this is true, but I was referring to the tip here that was referenced in this faq.

In brief:
    In this guide, we’ll show you how to gain a little more control over your incoming calls on a contact-by-contact basis.

1. Open your contact list
    2. Scroll until you find the contact that you’d like to send straight to voicemail, and tap to open the contact
    3. Near the bottom of the contact page, find and tap on the Send to voicemail option
      1. A pop-up will appear asking if you’re sure you want to enable this feature.

4. Tap OK

And you’re done! You can do this to as many contacts as you choose and now, only the people you want to be able to reach you directly will have that power.
    What I see at the bottom of a contact's information is the linking of several contacts (gmail, google, facebook, etc) or personalized ringtones. There's no entry to send it directly to voicemail, there's nothing at the menu button, and press-and-holding the particular contact also doesn't bring up anything of the sort. I'm not sure if the tip is fascinate version specific, or if you pick up Google Voice, it removes this feature. I really would not like to have to even hear it ring -- this telemarketer's number should just immediately go to voicemail. I remember someone discussing Verizon's Blocked Number list, but I'd rather not use something that has free use for a limited time.

If anyone has any ideas or has run into the same issue, please let me know.

~syris...

Member #
    Liked
    548 times
    I don't have that option for any of my contacts, either. Sorry.

Sent from my Fascinate via Tapatalk

CR6
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    346 times
    There's quite a few free apps in the Market if you search under "call blocker". I've tried a few but none of them worked on " unknown" & "unavailable" numbers, but you could add numbers to a block list that would work. I finally found an app called "Call Control" by Everycall.US that works perfectly. It blocks unknown, unavailable and numbers you choose. It also gives you options to send the caller straight to voicemail, hang up on them or just be silent. Your phone wont ring when these calls come through, but it will keep a log of numbers its blocked. Unfortunately its only a 14 day trial and then you have to pay 7 bucks one time fee for the app. I'm not sure if I'm going to buy it or not as I only wanted to try it out to see if it would block a number when someone hits *67 before dialing you to hide their number. Its the only one I've found that works perfectly though so its up to you as to whether its worth purchasing.
    Good luck and let us know if you find an alternative.

Just a side note: if you have any questions, the developer is really helpful and will reply to your emails right away. I was pretty impressed.

Sent via Chris' Samsung Fascinate

Remove Ads

Ads