Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Messages and Calls Not coming through

Hey Guys- So just within the last couple of weeks my phone has been acting really weird. It seems to be running really slow, from screen to screen, app to app and such. and also I'm not getting my text messages and calls all the time. I had my friend ask the last three days, "hey, haven't you gotten my like 5 texts or the two times i called you". so then I shut my phone off and then turn it back on and sometimes i'll get like 10 texts come flying in, or I get nothing. and then how i'm missing calls i have no idea. they said they called multiple times and it went straight to voice mail.... I don't know what's going on, has anyone had problems like this? I try powering my phone off and on multiple times a day to help reconnect to the towers and sometimes it helps and sometimes/most times it does nothing. it's getting frustrating.
    Thanks!!
    -Nate

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    542 times
    Have you tried dialing *228 to update your PRL?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I have not tried this. what is your PRL? do you just dial this like a phone call?

Quote Originally Posted by Mujibar View Post

Member #
    Liked
    542 times
    PRL means Preferred Roaming List. Updating the PRL resets your connection to towers in the area. And yes, you dial *228 just as if you are making any other phone call.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Ok I tried that so we'll see how that goes. How often do you do that?? and you just choose the "program my Phone" option? there was no PRL option.

Member #
    Liked
    542 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nfrees114 View Post
    Ok I tried that so we'll see how that goes. How often do you do that?? and you just choose the "program my Phone" option? there was no PRL option.
    Sorry, I should've been more specific. You didn't hurt anything by programming the phone, but for just updating the PRL you should choose option 2 (I think it's something like "update roaming capabilities"). You shouldn't need to do that very often. Maybe every other month, if that?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Ok now I got it right :-) Ok well I'll see how it does, thanks again for all the help!! It's much Appreciated!!

Sorry, I should've been more specific. You didn't hurt anything by programming the phone, but for just updating the PRL you should choose option 2 (I think it's something like "update roaming capabilities"). You shouldn't need to do that very often. Maybe every other month, if that?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I just submitted information to Milberg LLC for a Fascinate class action law suit. This is for the issue of not receiving phone calls and any other issues you are encountering. Please post here if you would like to join up. I am very unhappy with Verizon's lack of customer service trying to resolve this issue.

Please look for my post if you want to join up

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    299 times
    Will i win millions!
    I cut corners till I break it.
    If I help you break it, I will help you fix it...promise!

99.97% Success Rate
    Devices I have hacked, modded and owned: Original Droid / DX / Fascinate / Charge / TBolt / Razr / Gnex / Xoom / Kindle Fire

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I was having this problem too. I went back to factory settings and re-installed my favorite apps, and we'll see what happens.

BTW, redskinredtaco, if you aren't on the Verizon message boards you may want to do so, there are many folks there with mega problems that are threatening lawsuit. I'm sure you could get some of them to join in.

The VZW boards also have an occasional mention of the offer by Verizon to change to the Droid Charge, the Incredible 2 or the Droid X2, though I have yet to hear back from the employee who encouraged PM's about my issues.

Best wishes!

Ads