Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Where is the 'Download' folder?

Relatively new here, and thank you all for helping me learn how to use the Fascinate!

Today someone sent me a pic attached to a text message but I haven't been able to open it. I am using the stock messenger app now but using Handcent didn't help. I was able to download it (I think) and have read that it is supposed to be in the 'Download' folder but I haven't been able to find that folder. I can't find an 'Applications' folder, either. I've looked at the tree using Astro & AndroZip but neither of those folders is listed.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by etmarcr View Post
    Relatively new here, and thank you all for helping me learn how to use the Fascinate!

Today someone sent me a pic attached to a text message but I haven't been able to open it. I am using the stock messenger app now but using Handcent didn't help. I was able to download it (I think) and have read that it is supposed to be in the 'Download' folder but I haven't been able to find that folder. I can't find an 'Applications' folder, either. I've looked at the tree using Astro & AndroZip but neither of those folders is listed.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
    Did you check in your SD card?

Member #
    Liked
    542 times
    Download folder is on the root of your SD card. You should be able to find whatever image you downloaded if you open the Gallery app.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks boosted & Mujibar, but there is no 'Download' folder listed on the SD card. Should I create one? If so, will the photos download to that folder by default?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    308 times
    Did you go into "applications" then find the "my files" folder....you'll see the download folder in there. Also, did you go into "my gallery" to see if the pics were in there? All downloaded pics & videos will show up here whether saved to the phone OR the sd card.
    Welcome to the forum btw!

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Welcome to the forums, like CR6 said, if you open the gallery app it should find the picture regardless of where it is stored. If it doesn't show up on there, then it may not have saved properly.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the welcome, folks! I must have a different folder structure because I don't see an 'Applications' folder listed, either. Is that supposed to be on the SD card? Could it be a hidden folder?

I also opened the Gallery app and it only shows 4 photos I took with the built-in camera and those samples that were included with the phone.

But, I still have the photo as an attachment to the text, and displayed it again then hit 'save'. The problem is, I don't know to where it was saved.

By the way, your help with this is very much appreciated!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    308 times
    Quote Originally Posted by etmarcr View Post
    Thanks for the welcome, folks! I must have a different folder structure because I don't see an 'Applications' folder listed, either. Is that supposed to be on the SD card? Could it be a hidden folder?

Anyway, I still have the photo as an attachment to the text, and displayed it again then hit 'save'. The problem is, I don't know to where it was saved.

Bit of a quandary, eh? Well, for me it is.

By the way, your help with this is very much appreciated!
    Assuming your phone is stock and you haven't rooted:

"Applications" is at the bottom of EVERY one of your home screens... you should see a row of 4 widgets starting with Phone, Contacts, Messaging, Applications. Click on that Applications widget. That will take you to all of your preinstalled Verizon apps. Look within all the apps there and you'll see a "my files" folder. Its on every Fascinate right out of the box. Go in there and that's where you'll find a folder marked "downloaded". (Also stock on every Fascinate)
    The other option as noted in the previous comments is "Gallery" which is also standard on every Fascinate. The Gallery contains every pic & vid you've ever downloaded, as long as you're sure you downloaded it. Gallery is located on one of your 7 home screens as well as in Applications. Just look around, its there.
    (On a side note....you do have a US version Fascinate and not the European or Canadian model? ie: you bought it in the US?) It may sound like a silly question, but I'm just trying to cover all the bases here.
    Good luck & let us know when you find it!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for sticking around, CR6! Almost passed my bedtime.

Yes, my phone is US version and No it's not rooted. Just so you know, I see the 4 icons along the bottom of my phone and have looked through the Applications.

I did find the 'My Files' icon and darned if there is no 'Downloads' folder listed. I'm sure I didn't make any changes to that folder (that I know of). Anyway, sorry to say it's still a mystery to me.

So the question remains, should I create a Downloads folder and would it be used for downloaded items, by default?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    308 times
    No problem....its about that time for me as well! That's definitely a mystery. Are you running a different "launcher" app such as LauncherPro or ADW? Also, did you find the "Gallery" widget?
    Maybe someone else will be able to offer a solution I may be overlooking.

Dustin....can you think of anything I'm missing....being that you're much more knowledgeable about this phone than I am?

Ads