Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

+ appearing in front of number when texting

I am reposting this issue. A + sign appears before the number when I attempt to text some contacts. The + is not there when I call and not in my contact list. It only appears when I try to text. I have to manually remove the + in order to send the text. Any ideas?

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I've never run across this issue before, hopefully someone else may have some ideas. In the meantime, I'll try to do a little research and let you know if I find anything.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    The same thing has been happening on our samsung. My daughter transferred her # from T-Mobile to our Verizon account in December and she can't text several of her friends... verizon charges international text fees and won't believe us that her friends are not out of the country. We had to perform our own experiment with our 5 phones to show them the Samsung is the only one that is messed up. This has been going on for 3 mnths and they've come to the conclusion that her phone may be throwing in numbers in front of the friend's numbers, but only on texts. They still can't give answers and thinks this is a service problem...? I think it's our phone, because we manually enter a number to text, but when they text back, the phone throws in the +1 and you can't reply until that's removed. This is getting very aggravating! Have you gotten any answers on a way to fix this problem?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Have you spoken with a Samsung tech? There has to be something in the settings that can correct it.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm having the same issue with two numbers. Of course they are the two people that I text all the time. I deleted the contacts, rebooted the phone, had them text without being saved in my phone....i did everything that I could think of. It actually worked with one of the numbers. The other number saves without the +1, but adds the +1 after a few minutes. I figured all of this out by just messing around with the phone and noticing the +1.

Verizon tech support doesn't know how to fix it either. so...there you have it.

I recently ported the number that I have now from T-Mobile because I couldn't text anyone at all. Apparently my number is cursed?

Good luck.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I am having the same problem, when I text my sons phone my fascinate puts in a +1 in front of the # I can receive texts from him . also I can't seem to find any verizon personell that can actually put my contacts into contacts and not facebook? What gives is it the phone or the personel

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

its facebook

Hi I just had this same prob with the + before certain contacts. I went into those contacts' info and clicked links at the top. I then disconnected the link with fb and it seems to have done the trick.

Remove Ads

Ads