Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I am waiting for the SD card bug to be fixed and voodoo before trying this out. I only have 2 cards and I do not want to rock a 2gb SD card.

Alpha Tappa Lambda

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    ill second that...just went back to stock from miui the 1.7.8 bootlooped me bad....so hmm where to go what to do hmm????
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sent from my rooted overclocked 1.6 XOO

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Tired this ROM out today and it's pretty sweet. Agree w/ bh, this will rock when it gets voodoo. But I couldn't sync up to GPS either, even though my location was pretty solid on maps, it wouldn't find the satellites on navigation. That's a deal breaker for me, too much time in traffic! My SD card hasn't been eaten yet from EC09, knock on wood. I have an extra 16GB from my wife's previous moto droid so I'll run the risk and see if it improves my signal while I go back to the voodoo'd, smooth, GPS-workin' EF ROM and pbj kernel combo!

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Several have reported that their GPS works just fine so I'm not sure what the deal is. I also couldn't get USB mass storage to work. A known EC09 issue but not one I'd experienced until CommROM.

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Yeah I noticed that. I was just reading the XDA thread in it was a mixed bag yesterday (reading between the strange argument bs that was going on!) of folks who didn't get GPS and those who did. Gotta be some strange phone magic though. I remember I went away from ComRom 2.0 because I would randomly lose GPS while running Navigation. Didn't happen on EF... Maybe it's location dependent too, who knows! Will be great to see it working in the next go around however.

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Latest update on XDA says GPS issue is fixed. I may give it another try!

7.13.11 V0.2.1 (patch)
    *changed updater-script to fix gps permissions (credit egorzilla, more on top of things than me )
    *replaced old market with new one (currently being pushed out, saves ya the wait)

Member #
    Liked
    542 times
    Thread has been renamed to reflect update.

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Success! GPS is working for me now... I'll be running on this ROM for awhile, kick the tires, lol...

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Just an update on this ROM. It looks nice and has some cool features, more flashiness with menus, transitions, etc. It runs pretty smoothly overall. A bit laggy at times but not bad. Sometimes there are some freezes and I did encounter a couple force closes, but overall it's not too buggy for me and runs pretty well. With EC09 and this ROM I have a much better overall signal (at least I did today) than I did with EC09 and the EF ROM. I have not experienced any SD card data dump issues thus far and I'm backed up. GPS working like a champ. Will be great when the get a voodoo kernel going and fix just a couple more bugs. I'm going to stick with it for a little while.

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Well folks, my EC09 luck ran out!

The SD card is now shot. Just after a routine startup of the phone after work. Cannot format or nuthin! Oh well, I knew this day may come and I have a backup and extra. I held out hope that it might still work after seeing someone on the XDA forum who was still able to format. But alas... it was just a matter of time I guess!

Backing way off now... experiment is over... :wink: *sighs longingly for EF and ED04*

Tappin'

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads