Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Exclamation ROM Manager Error's

I recently updated my ROM Manger to v2.5.0.7 and now I get an error whenever I try to download a ROM. Anyone else experiencing the same with this version of ROM Manager?

"Error occurred while processing this ROM!"

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I have not had this problem, but I do know from past experience that if you have a download that goes bad try the following.
    Locate the offending file on your sd card and delete. Go into Rom Manager, Menu, Clear Download Cache.

Try this and see if it will resolve your problem.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    The clear cache in ROM manager didn't fix the issue, but it lead me to the right solution. I used CacheMate for root users free edition app to clear all my caches. After that I was able to download ROMs again.

I also deleted some old backups in the clockwork directory on my SD card, so not exactly sure if that had any affect.

Thanks Sele!

You can get the CacheMate app from the market. It has already proven itself to me to be a beneficial utility.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Glad you got it fixed. I'll have to download CacheMate and give it a try.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I am so frustrated. I am a NOOB...plz help. I downloaded Rom Manager and Rom Manager Premium and when I try to install a custom ROM I keep getting error message that first, my SD card isnt mounted. *I took off back cover, removed SD card and battery and repowered phone-still no luck* then it tells me that ROM Manager or CLockwork Mod must be installed .. I am so lost. I hope someone is able to help. BTW. I did this once before bc I bought the phone for 400.00$ at verizon and used Rom Manager ( older version and no problems) but I returned the phone bc it was on sale for 49$ and now I cannot seem to install a ROM. Thank you!!!!!!

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tennisjunkie View Post
    I am so frustrated. I am a NOOB...plz help. I downloaded Rom Manager and Rom Manager Premium and when I try to install a custom ROM I keep getting error message that first, my SD card isnt mounted. *I took off back cover, removed SD card and battery and repowered phone-still no luck* then it tells me that ROM Manager or CLockwork Mod must be installed .. I am so lost. I hope someone is able to help. BTW. I did this once before bc I bought the phone for 400.00$ at verizon and used Rom Manager ( older version and no problems) but I returned the phone bc it was on sale for 49$ and now I cannot seem to install a ROM. Thank you!!!!!!
    Are you rooted?

Sent from my Fascinate via Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    yes. I rooted it last night.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    You won't be able to flash ROMs w/ ROM Manager unless/until you have ClockworkMod installed. You will first have to install CWM through Odin on your computer. You'll find instructions for how to do that if you search this site for the terms "ClockworkMod" and "Odin". Post back if you're still having problems after that.

Sent from my Fascinate via Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! I KNEW THERE WAS A MISSING STEP .... but I just could not remember what tutorial I used the last time and when you said Odin, it rang a bell!!!! I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out. If there is any suggestions you can offer to a N00B, I would be grateful. Thanks again. I am going to try it again and I will let you know!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    ok I am having the same issues. I did everything the instructions said and still says "need to mount SD card" very odd.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads