Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Can not obtain root after installation of StupidFast kernel for d101

Hello again, Back with another problem.

After learning how to flash CWM using Odin, and how to exactly do so, I was succesffully able to flash StupidFast kernel from ROM manager. (I'm pretty sure it worked, anyways)

I'm very fimiliar with Rom Manager and ROM's, coming from a Droid X... But the fascinate is quite a bit different.

So flash forward, Now my phone will not run SetCPU, Wireless tether, or other applications that require root. I still have SU in my applications. Z4root method just hangs forever and the one click root locks up my device upon reboot. (If I unlock it i'll get some force closes, then FascinateRootv02 Says device not found after it had exploited access.

As far as rooting the manual way, I've got no idea. Never used cmd prompt or adbshell.

I'm able to get into clockwork recovery on boot (volume rockers and power, selecting update.zip) however, when I go to backup/recovery I can select my recovery but it just hangs. This is kind of disappointing.. lol especially if froyo for these things are right around the corner.
    (No warranty - insurance, traded it for my dx)

Thanks in advance, again!

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    The way to know for sure if you have lost root is to download android terminal from the market.
    Open program and type SU.
    If you have lost root you will get an error msg saying you don't have permission.
    If you don't get error msg then you may have to reinstall the apps that won't work.
    If you do get error msg, I would try the super one click program to see if this will root.
    If this don't work, I would follow instructions to return to stock and start over with root process.
    Good luck.

Sent from my Fascinate.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    fastdad07, I was wondering if you were able to get things straightened out?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fastdad07 View Post
    Hello again, Back with another problem.
    So flash forward, Now my phone will not run SetCPU, Wireless tether, or other applications that require root. I still have SU in my applications. Z4root method just hangs forever and the one click root locks up my device upon reboot. (If I unlock it i'll get some force closes, then FascinateRootv02 Says device not found after it had exploited access.......
    Thanks in advance, again!
    After learning how to flash CWM using Odin, and how to exactly do so, I was succesffully able to flash StupidFast kernel from ROM manager. (I'm pretty sure it worked, anyways)
    ->Blackhole rom + Stupid Fast Kernel are nice combo. However, you need to obtain DJ05 Modem(not the kernel) to work with latest version of roms and stupid fast kernel. Once you obtain the modem, flash DJ05 with odin-> install Blackhole rom using rom manager-> install stupid fast kernel(i prefer manual CWM Mode on kernel installation).

So flash forward, Now my phone will not run SetCPU, Wireless tether, or other applications that require root.
    -> to use SetCPU, you will need overclock kernel. Wireless tether apk can be obatained by google search.

I still have SU in my applications. Z4root method just hangs forever and the one click root locks up my device upon reboot. (If I unlock it i'll get some force closes, then FascinateRootv02 Says device not found after it had exploited access.
    -> When you use Z4Root, use unperm method first, reboot your phone, go to z4root app again, and perm it. This method works everytime to avoid screen lock up.

As far as rooting the manual way, I've got no idea. Never used cmd prompt or adbshell.
    -> Just use z4root. It's way easier.

*find my post here to set up CWM Recovery.
    http://www.fascinateforums.com/forum...ease-help.html
    Rooted/1.1ghz/Nemesis OTB Test6 SV 1100 Kernel
    /DJ05 Stock Deodexed Rom/Blackish Storm DJ05 v07 Theme/Power Mode/CWM Recovery

Remove Ads

Ads