Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

How do I make my samsung Fascinate faster....PLEASE HELP !!

Ok guys I have read a ton of stuff the last 2 days on here and yet I cannot figure out how to change the kernel or the ROM and make my phone faster...I have it rooted and I think I have downloaded everything I need as far as Set CPU, ROM Manager, and Titanium Backup. Can someone please explain how to download and install the Voodoo kernel or the superfast Kernel ?! I really want to do this to my phone and make it ridiculous fast ! I gues i just need a step by step process and the actual files I can download.

THANK YOU ALL !!

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    542 times
    See my response in the other thread where you posted.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm not responsible for bricking your phone....try this at your own risk!!!!

Do not try this other than Verizon Fascinate!!!!

Make sure samsung driver is installed on your pc
    1.Download odin http://dl.dropbox.com/u/458252/Odin%...in3%20v1.3.exe
    Download CWM Kernel http://dl.dropbox.com/u/458252/CWMrecovery.tar
    2. Once you download it, put them into a same folder.
    3. On your phone, go to setting-> application-> development-> USB debugging-> turn phone off-> pull the battery out completely-> while pressing volume down, plug your phone into your pc using usb cable *a triangle screen with android shoveling will come up(download mode)
    4. on your pc
    open odin(make sure port turns yellow)-> click PDA and select CWMrecovery.tar-> click start
    * your phone will turn off upon completion
    5. put your battery back in and turn on your phone. Go to your rom manager and flash clockworkmod recovery-> reboot into recovery
    6. After CWM scans your phone, reboot it. Go to your rom manager, click on backup current rom, click wipe data and press ok. CWM will create nandroid backup. restart your phone.
    7. If you want to install Voodoo5 Kernel set-up, you will need DJ05 Modem(not the kernel), JT Super Clean 0.7 rom, 1212_test_voodoo kernel. Once you download these files, put voodoo and super clean rom into your sd storage on your phone, and dj05 modem on your odin folder. Turn your phone off, take battery out, open odin with new window, and set up for download mode. Check the odin port and make sure your phone is recognized. Click pda and open dj05 modem, and click start to flash it. Wait for your phone to be turned off upon completion. Disconnect your phone from usb, put battery back in, and restart your phone.
    8. Open rom manager, and select install rom from sd card. Find super clean 0.7 rom, click install, and wipe data on the way out. Once it's finished, click restart system.
    9. When you get to main screen, turn off your phone again. Press both volumes at the same time, and click power button and release it while holding both volumes(when your phone is restarting to main screen, you're not doing it right). Depends on version of CWM, screen should be either blue or green.
    a) Blue screen(factory recovery screen): select "apply sd card update zip" to activate CWM recovery. Once you activate CWM reovery, the screen should turn to green. Select install from sd card, choose 1212 test voodoo kernel, click yes to install it, check completed installation on bottom of screen, and restart your system.
    b) Green screen: You're already in CWM recovery mode. Select install from sd card, choose 1212 test voodoo kernel, click yes to install it, check completed installation on bottom of screen, and restart your system.
    *you'll hear robotic voice on samsung screen.

Uninstall Voodoo Kernel Instruction Can be Found Here
    http://www.fascinateforums.com/forum...oo-kernel.html
    Rooted/1.1ghz/Nemesis OTB Test6 SV 1100 Kernel
    /DJ05 Stock Deodexed Rom/Blackish Storm DJ05 v07 Theme/Power Mode/CWM Recovery

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Do yourself a favor and STAY AWAY FROM VOODOO KERNELS. I only say this cause it sounds like you are new to this and you will probably want to switch between roms and kernels till you find one you like. And with a voodoo kernel it will be a pain and potential problem to remove it. You can do some serious damage removing a voodoo kernel, and honestly it really doesnt do much for the phone, its just as fast with a non voodoo kernel.

Try going over to the xda site, everything you need to know and d/l is all there. Sorry I would post links but im feeling lazy tonight, and good luck.
    Sent from my Apple iPad running Froyo.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I wrote intruction for Voodoo Kernel Removal too.
    http://www.fascinateforums.com/forum...oo-kernel.html

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    308 times
    Welcome to the forum jsan79 & Juno_Reactor! Good to have you.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you CR6

Ads