Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Hard brick?!?! How the hell did i do that?!?! H.e.l.p.!!!!!

Member #
    Liked
    12 times

Hard brick?!?! How the hell did i do that?!?! H.e.l.p.!!!!!

Ok, I want to give you pertinent facts but I might end up going overboard or give you the wrong info please let me know what you need and I'll do my best to get it to you. I feel it would be best if I start from the beginning. When I first got my phone (a couple months ago) I was shown how to root it by flashing the Siyah kernel using Odin. Ollie shared this link with me showing me how to flash the Siyah 3.2.6 Kernel. I did and it all worked fine. I learned how to use CWM and have flashed newer Siyah kernels since and a couple of days ago I flashed the latest one, 4.1.1. I have never used any other kernels and never flashed a ROM. I only noticed recently that Hulu+ and Crackle won't play but HBO GO and Netflix will. I have also learned that trying to flash the stock kernel often causes serious issues so I haven't messed with that. Well, in an effort to try to "start with a clean slate" as it were, this morning I decided to run a Nandroid back up and do a factory reset....now my phone WILL NOT reboot. I have tried simply powering on and all I get is the Galaxy S II screen (with the triangle which I have been getting since I first flashed the kernel) and nothing. I tried powering up using the power-vol up-vol down (is that called recovery?) and I get the same thing.

I am currently at work and I already put Kies on my work computer and all the drivers for my phone but I have it currently plugged in and all the computer recognizes is an E and F drive but the computer thinks that nothing is there. Am I completely screwed?

Edit: I just tried using Odin to flash the Siyah 3.4.2 Kernel from the link Ollie shared. Still bricked....

Edit2: I am home for lunch and plugged my phone back in to MY computer which I used to root the phone in the first place. I still have all the original files that I used the first time I rooted the phone (the two subsequent Siyah kernels I flashed were designed to be flashed using CWM) and tried the exact same method used to root the phone the first time. Still bricked....

Edit3: I thought I should add, I tried flashing the kernel at work with a Blackberry USB first then my original Samsung. When I went home I used the Samsung cord and then the Blackberry cord. When I originally rooted it was with the Blackberry cord. I'm back at work now and thought I'd add one last tid bit of info...Work=Windows XP. Home=Windows 7.
    Last edited by SteveO390; 08-31-2012 at 02:17 PM.

2. Ads

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    485 times

Re: Hard brick?!?! How the hell did i do that?!?! H.e.l.p.!!!!!

What is the exact model of your phone?
    Rescue Squad
    Feel free to pm, with any questions or concerns
    Gtalk available upon request

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Sgh-i777

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    485 times

Since odin recognizes your phone, Are you opposed to returning to stock and starting over?
    Rescue Squad

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Not opposed at all.

While we're at it, would it be possible to reset the flash count or would that be more confusing?

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    485 times

OK give me a second to grab a link for you and I will return. Hopefully with info that will fix you up.
    SteveO390 likes this.
    Rescue Squad

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    485 times

OK so basically were gonna flash the entire phone back to stock, in hopes that it will reverse and bad juju that has fallen upon your device.

This link ------>http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1313659<-------- has a nice comprehensive return to stock guide. (It even goes into detail about the binary counter. But that's a different story unless you want to totally start from scratch then do that step also.)

In section 2a it has a download for the stock package and some instructions. Go ahead and try that and report back on what happens.
    Rescue Squad

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    338 times

Thanks Ronnie!

Sent from my GSM Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Blue Tapatalk.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    485 times

no problem. If that works we can get him rerooted and hopefully restore the nandroid he made and be back where we all left off.........Eating pizza and drinking beer Or at least that's what we should be doing.
    Rescue Squad

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    PROFIT!!! Alright I'm on GB and the phone works! After reading up on what it would take to reset the flash counter on the thread you linked me to on XDA, (which might be a bit out of date because I've read conflicting info on using jigs for this phone) I'm willing to toss that idea out the window.

Let me try to explain what the phone's doing not. When it was done booting up it asked me to sign in like it was the first time I used the phone but when I tried to do that it told me that my account was in use so I kept trying to get past that screen and finally did, but it appears my nandroid back up went to work because ALL of my apps are back and the phone is, in many ways, set up exactly how it was before I bricked it. The wallpaper, widget locker, all my apps, even the log in for all my email accounts are all there. However I keep getting force closures for many apps including google framework.

Edit: So I just realized that Gmail wasn't even on the phone?!? So I downloaded it from the play store but it won't open at all, it keeps force closing and I am still getting the google framework force closure.

Edit2: Ya, this is a problem, I just realized I have non of my contacts, nothing that I have saved on the Google servers (gmail, calendar, etc...) can be accessed by my phone.
    Last edited by SteveO390; 08-31-2012 at 05:26 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads