Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Worth buying the Galaxy S2? Galaxy Nexus or Galaxy S2 HD coming to AT&T?

I am on AT&T and I am eligible for an upgrade as early as mid December and would like to get a new phone no later than mid January. I am currently using the iPhone 4 and like it pretty well, but would like more freedom. Also, I on top of working a full time job in IT I am a full time student. Most of my teachers post their video lectures to Blackboard in a Flash format (usually SWF) so I would love a phone that supports Flash.

I was dead set on getting the Galaxy S2 the first day I was eligible for an upgrade but when I heard about the Galaxy S2 HD and the Galaxy Nexus I thought I might be better off waiting to see if they were coming to AT&T in the next couple of months.

So, do you think either of those will be released on AT&T by the end of January? If so are they enough better to make them worth waiting for?

2. Ads

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    253 times
    I personally would wait until they are all available and decide then. I have the SGS2 International version and wont upgrade to the Nexus and probably not the HD either. If I do switch to another phone it will be the Samsung Note due out next month. Other than the Note all of the phones you mentioned are super similar with pros and cons vs each other.

All of them are flash capable, but take a moment to visit a store and log in to your blackboard account and play with the hosted files. My Xoom tablet is flash enabled and has problems with blackboard links.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Well I'm on the Nexus bandwagon and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it released on AT&T by then. I haven't seen the SGS2 HD specs yet but I'd imagine you'd be happy with the choice to wait for either one of them.

Just tapped that..

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
    I personally would wait until they are all available and decide then. I have the SGS2 International version and wont upgrade to the Nexus and probably not the HD either. If I do switch to another phone it will be the Samsung Note due out next month. Other than the Note all of the phones you mentioned are super similar with pros and cons vs each other.

All of them are flash capable, but take a moment to visit a store and log in to your blackboard account and play with the hosted files. My Xoom tablet is flash enabled and has problems with blackboard links.
    Thanks, I will have to try out the Galaxy S2 the next time I go to an AT&T store (the closest store that has working demo models is about an hour away). I tried it on a friends 5" Dell Streak and it worked OK in the browser but the Blackboard app complained that Flash wasn't up to date.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    338 times
    The SGS2 is a tremendous phone, and until I actually see an AT&T SG Nexus, my favorite phone. It's fast and beautiful - what's not to like?

-Mike
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I agree Mike. I love it and it blows away my original Galaxy S phone. I also love it for Vlingo. I only used the 4S for 2 days but to me Vlingo works better than Siri! Of course we must remember that Apple has released Siri in a beta format for now.

Member #
    Liked
    542 times
    Quote Originally Posted by samito25 View Post
    I just got this phone a few days ago (Skyrocket). So far I have noticed a few things. When it is plugged in and charging, the locked screen is very difficult to unlock and if it is showing a missed call or text it is very hard to get it to slide over to go to the missed item (very glitchy and doesnt unlock). Also when plugged in, the touch location or accuracy seems to be slightly off (when texting or trying to hit an app it touches something around the targeted icon). It just seems as if the software is slightly glitchy overall, not as smooth as my iPhone was. Also, I noticed that my bluetooth (jawbone) connects and disconnects as it pleases, sometimes while I am trying to answer a phone call or even when I am on a phone call. I was previously an iPhone user and never had issues like this, so I am contemplating going back and getting the iPhone 4s (any opinions?). Anyhow, if anyone can help me out with these issues or give me suggestions on making this phone worth while?
    Welcome to the forum! Please don't cross-post. It only clutters up the forum. Your question was answered in this other thread.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    253 times
    And via pm

Remove Ads

Ads