Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Same thing happened to my phone with Straight Talk; Galaxy Proclaim. The problem occurred playing Fishing Diary downloaded from google play which may or may not be related. It was the only app that started making jerky movements (which I took advantage of to catch fish) whilst the others remained fluid.

SEQUENCE OF EVENTS

First the phone switched off midplay Fish Diary. Then it was bootlooping. Removed battery, sim card, still bootlooping. Then I went into Task Manager and forced apps closed having no idea what a couple were but the names were benign. Then "Mobile Network Not Available"

Everything in settings>status> Phone number: unknown, PRL version: not available or Mobile network state: disconnected, etc...

As a matter of fact, this problem is all over the ST forum but moderators are asking everyone to move conversation to email or private so no solutions there!

Sim card: Fine
    Removal of sim card and battery. Still had problem

Factory reset: Nada! Not bootlooping but no signal.

Someone suggested Samsung mobile assistance but they don't care. ST support follows a dummy script and told me to mail in the phone. The whole process will take a minimum of 14 days without a phone and I still like it is fixable and not hardware related at all!

I've been rummaging in the Howard forums but no one has addressed the specificity of this problem yet.
    Last edited by jsranchmn; 08-13-2012 at 01:44 PM.

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    13 times

Re: Network not detected

Quote Originally Posted by jsranchmn View Post
    Same thing happened to my phone with Straight Talk; Galaxy Proclaim. The problem occurred playing Fishing Diary downloaded from google play which may or may not be related. It was the only app that started making jerky movements (which I took advantage of to catch fish) whilst the others remained fluid.

SEQUENCE OF EVENTS

First the phone switched off midplay Fish Diary. Then it was bootlooping. Removed battery, sim card, still bootlooping. Then I went into Task Manager and forced apps closed having no idea what a couple were but the names were benign. Then "Mobile Network Not Available"

Everything in settings>status> Phone number: unknown, PRL version: not available or Mobile network state: disconnected, etc...

As a matter of fact, this problem is all over the ST forum but moderators are asking everyone to move conversation to email or private so no solutions there!

Sim card: Fine
    Removal of sim card and battery. Still had problem

Factory reset: Nada! Not bootlooping but no signal.

Someone suggested Samsung mobile assistance but they don't care. ST support follows a dummy script and told me to mail in the phone. The whole process will take a minimum of 14 days without a phone and I still like it is fixable and not hardware related at all!

I've been rummaging in the Howard forums but no one has addressed the specificity of this problem yet.
    Your EFS is missing.....most probably

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Ace (GT-S5830) and proud of it!
    Current devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Ace (GT-S5830)
    Motorola Backflip (MB300)
    ARNOVA 7 G2 (AN7G2)

Legacy devices:
    Nokia 5800 Xperssmusic
    Motorola Defy (MB525)

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventus View Post
    Your EFS is missing.....most probably

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Ace (GT-S5830) and proud of it!
    Sure, I believe the EFS is missing. I have also tried to root my phone using methods described on some website. However, this did not work at all.

So, is there any solution that you guys suggest for this missing EFS problem. Also, I did not back up my EFS (Never knew I had to backup up some system files to make this frickin phone working).

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Network not detected.

"Same thing with mine. This happened AFTER AT&T swapped out the phone I bought in January for one with the latest software". They wiped the new one but it still happens randomly and is a real pain because I don't know when its going to disconnect. Have to reboot the phone to make it connect." A solution would be nice."
    Quote Originally Posted by hornofgondor View Post
    My Samsung galaxy s2 has started to behave weird from a couple of days. My phone has stopped to detect the ATT network signal from couple of days. The bar indicators showing the signal strength have altogether disappeared and are replaced by a no signal icon (circle with a slash in it). I thought there might be some issue with the sim card. So, I removed the sim from my Samsung and loaded it into another phone and the sim worked fine in the other phone. Then, I loaded another sim into the galaxy and still it could not detect the signal. So, I guess there is an issue with the handset. i have tried to restart the phone by removing the sim, battery multiple times but still the problem persists.

When I try to make a call, the message I get is Mobile network not available. When I go into Settings>About Phone>Status and check for the phone number, network, IMEI etc, everything is shown as Unknown.

Can anyone let me know if there is a fix to this problem?

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    253 times

Re: Network not detected

Make a backup of your phone using Kies or Mybackup Pro in the market and try a factory data reset.

Sent from my GT-I9300
    Living dangerously, to me, is eating spaghetti with a white shirt on.

Ads